Chapter Five

I walked down the empty hallways, once again late for first period. I’m always late, waking up early just isn’t my thing, that’s one reason I didn’t join a club, another reason is because I don't have much free time. Other than that, I’d probably join a club, and Sakura’s already asked me to join the cheerleading team since forever.

“Sayuri, I swear, you are always late” says Ino, one of Sasuke’s many fan girls and co-captain of the cheerleading team and Sasuke fan-club.

They’ve always wanted me to join, but I've always declined, saying I don't like him and that I never will. They just shrug and say as long as I don't get in their way, they don't care.

“I know, I don't exactly like first period” I says returning the hug she gave me.

“Ugh, I know, I always skip. Maybe you’ll skip with me sometime?” she asks winking.

“Maybe” I say waving as I turn into my first period class; Economics.

Entering the class late attracted half the class’s attention, not all. Of that, I was grateful.

I noticed Sasuke staring at me as I entered the class, quickly handing the teacher my pass and taking my seat in the third row, close to the door.

I pulled out my book and flipped to the page I left off on and began reading.

A few minutes later I was interrupted by the teacher, “Are you going to do any work?”

I simply blink and shrug before going back to my book.

~*~

Going to the library has always been my little way of escaping the madness of lunch.

I finally have time to think about my current situation. I’m actually getting adopted by Sakura’s parents; I am actually going to be Sakura’s sister.

Before I can find a good book to keep me through my next class, the bell rings and I have to go.

Great

It doesn’t help that I have Sakura in that class. Of course she’s going to want to bug me all day with her squealing and such about her new sister. Oh joy.

I sigh and enter Art 2D. Sakura was busy trying to get Sasuke’s attention so she didn’t notice me come in, but Sasuke did.

I sat in the back and pulled out my needed equipment for this class.

As I looked up from my unfinished drawing I just pulled out, I saw Sakura grinning at me.

“I know that you're used to walking home and such but since you're going to be living with me now, we want you to come home with us” she said still smiling.

“Ok” I said simply, before returning to my picture.

~*~

“What? But I wanted you to sleep over today” TenTen whined in chemistry.

“Sorry TT, no can do, Sakura really wants me to move in with them today” I say trying to focus on the experiment we were working on together.

“Can’t you move in another day?” she asks desperately.

“Sorry TT” I said, stopping the experiment for a moment to give her an apologetic look.

She just pouted, and returned to taking notes on the experiment.

We finished the experiment a few minutes later, successfully, unlike some other people, not Sasuke’s group of course.

We were dismissed a few minutes later, and the people who didn’t finish had to do so tomorrow.

Sakura made sure that I didn’t start walking home, picking me up in her fancy bright pink convertible.

I didn’t like the color so much, but since I didn’t have much of a choice, so I rode with her to her house.

I'm back.

I entered the house of the party that took place a few days ago. It looked a lot cleaner than it did Friday night. I looked at Sakura and she winked at me.

“I’ll show you your room” she said walking up a flight of stairs.

I followed her, staring at all the expensive stuff in just the hallway.

We finally stopped in front of a fancy white door with a just as fancy, if not more, door handle.

I raised an eyebrow, as she opened the door, unlike what I thought I would see; I saw all purple, more like lilac.

There was a lilac couch, trimmed with white; lilac flowers all over the room, the queen sized bed had lilac, white and baby pink sheets, I can’t even explain fully what the room looked like, but I do know it was beautiful, and huge.

“Wow” I was at a loss for words.

“I know right, I wish I had a room like this” she said staring all around the room.

I gave her a weird look and entered room with my bags and stuff, and proceeded to pack.

“Oh, Sayuri, my mom wants to know if you have your license yet” she said, sitting on my bed.

“Yea, I do” I say simply.

“Alright, I’ll tell her” she says before exiting the room.

This isn’t so bad.

I might actually like it here.