Chapter Ten

Today is the big game. It’s right after school, so all I have to do now is sneak out the back door in order to avoid going to the game. I planned out everything, now all I need is to stealth to pull it off. Can I do it? Can I do it? I think I can!!

I open the back door cautiously, checking to see if the coast is clear before moving swiftly to my car. I was halfway there when I heard someone following me. “What are you doing?”

I turn around, only to meet the arrogant smirk of Sasuke Uchiha.

Seriously, it had to be him; it just had to be him, of all people. Even Sakura would’ve been better than him, even though she would force me to come to the game.

“I’m going home, what does it look like?” I crossed my arms over my chest, determined to not be shaken by his stupid pretty boy smirk.

He raises an eyebrow, “it looks like you're sneaking around” his smirk grows wider, noticing my obvious eye twitch. I probably shouldn’t have asked that.

“Really? Well you obviously don’t know how to read a situation; I was obviously walking to my car in order to start my journey home” I say, turning around to walk to my car.

I stopped walking, hearing a faint chuckle. “Aren’t you a cheerleader?” he asks suddenly.

“Uh, I guess?” I reply, uncertain to where he was going with this.

“Why are you going home? The game is about to start” he says raising an eyebrow.

“Why should I stay? They don’t need me” I say opening the door to my car. Oh, if you're wondering, Sakura’s parents bought me a car so I could at least be able to go wherever I wanted.

“Then why is it that when you got there, they were actually able to do something other than watch the team practice?” he asks showing his arrogant smirk once again.

Massive eye twitch here, ugh, “I’m sure they did more than just watch you” I say, now sitting in the driver’s seat of my car.

“They’re all fan girls, it’s annoying” he says glaring in a direction behind my car. Where did that come from?

“They’re not all fan girls” I say, glaring at him, is he seriously forgetting about me? But wait, I’m not a cheerleader, so I don’t count, right?

I turned to look at him, expecting to see a raised eyebrow or something like that, but instead; it almost looked like he was smiling. Though, I’m not really sure, it disappeared much too fast. But seriously, I can’t believe I actually imagined that; Sasuke doesn’t smile!

“Sakura’s coming” he says, turning back to me. Wait, was he just.. He only came to stall me!! That sneaky little cockatoo! Oh, he is soo not getting away with this!

He simply raised an eyebrow at me deadly glare, not even fazed. I huffed an turned away, even so, I could’ve sworn I saw him smirk before muttering a quick; “Ja”

Before I could object and yell at him, I heard the unmistakable voice of Sakura. I mentally groaned, hoping to start the car and drive before she got to me, but unfortunately, nothing of the sort happened. So before I knew it, Sakura was tapping on my window, and grinning like she wanted something.

“What do you want Sakura?” I ask, despite the fact that I already know what she wants, and I am not going to give it to her.

“Come to the game, please?” she asks, skipping straight to the subject.

I raise an eyebrow at her boldness, “why should I?” I retort, keeping my composure.

She frowns, “because, you're a cheerleader, and cheerleaders should be at the game”

“Last time I checked, I didn’t go through try outs to become a cheerleader, so therefore I am not a cheerleader” I say, not bothering to hide my smirk.

She was speechless for a minute before replying; “then you're our coach”

I raised an eyebrow; seriously, this girl is starting to get annoying. “I thought Anko-sensei is your coach”

“Then you're our assistant coach” she says, persistent on making me attend the game.

“Then why am I needed at the game?” I ask, crossing my arms over my chest.

“Because you have to!” she says, looking desperate.

“Anko-sensei doesn’t to the games” I state, welcoming her silence with a triumphant smirk.

“But she always has something important to do!” jeez, she is persistent.

“So you call eating dango all day something important?” I ask suspiciously.

She looks at me weirdly, probably wondering how I know what Anko-sensei does instead of coming to games. “Pink Lily sells dango” I state simply.

“But still Sayuri, can’t you just come, just this once? Please” she asks, looking really desperate.

Now I’m really starting to hate the fact that I can’t really say no to people, well, that’s depending on the person..

I sighed dramatically, somehow clueing her in that I was going to say yes. She squealed and practically dragged me all the way to the gym, with me, of course, sighing all the way. She somehow got me to wear the really revealing cheerleading outfit, though it was not as revealing as the dance team’s outfit so for that, I was glad.

So now all I had to do was wait for the game to start. Sigh. Well, wish me luck.