Chapter Twelve

After party; I really don’t see why I have to come, but I can’t avoid it. It’s being held at Sakura’s house, and because of my recent adoption, it’s technically my house too. So I have no choice but to attend the after party. Sigh, this is going to be such a waste of time.

I arrived at the house to find that almost everybody was already there, so I’m just sitting in my car, wondering what to do next, I definitely didn’t want to attract attention to myself, especially from Sasuke, that would not be good.

I didn’t have much time to worry about that; before I could really decide what to do, Sakura came out to get me. “Sayuri, I hope you're not thinking of staying in your car all night, are you?”

“No Sakura, I’m not” I say simply; -_- quickly getting out of my car before Sakura could do so herself. Though that didn’t stop her from dragging me all the way to the house.

I entered to the blasting music of a karaoke machine and Ino singing. She wasn’t bad, but I wouldn’t really want to listen to her sing much.

“Sayuri!” squealed Ino into the microphone, thus immediately attracting the whole room’s attention to me. Exactly what I didn’t want.

And so that’s how I ended up in the kitchen with a huge family size bag of Nacho cheese Doritos. Everyone’s attention had finally drifted from me and I’m finally able to ‘enjoy’ the party in peace.

So anyway, I was busy actually enjoying my bag of chips when Sasuke entered the kitchen. Oh come on! Does the universe hate me or something? I mean really!

He didn’t seem to notice me as he went to get something, and a few seconds later Sakura and Ino came racing in, practically tackling me on their way to Sasuke, who was now smirking at me. Nice, just perfect.

I almost dropped my bag of chips, but because of my awesome balance and reflexes, I was able to keep it stable…well, for the most part. A single nacho cheese chip fell to the ground and broke. Massive eye twitch.

I grab both their collars, stopping them in their tracks. They struggle, but I just pull them back, nothing comes between me and my chips, especially not some stupid little fan girls.

“Sakura, Ino, you owe a chip” =_=

I manage to faintly see Sasuke shake his head, while smirking might I add, before walking out of the kitchen. I huff and let them go, finally noticing that I didn’t have my bag of chips anymore.

I looked everywhere, but all I could find was the broken chip on the kitchen floor. All of the other bags were gone thanks to Choji, so I was left with nothing, absolutely nothing. This is soo not fair!

“What’re you doing on the floor?” asked a voice; personally I really don’t feel like looking up to find out who the person is.

“What’s it to ya” I poked the poor broken chip, scattering the pieces from each other.

Next thing I know, I’m being pulled to my feet by none other than Sasuke Uchiha, and he’s holding my bag of chips!!

But before I could get mad at him for taking my chips, he balls up the bag and throws it away. I practically faint as I watch. My precious chips, all gone!

All I could possibly manage was; “You owe me a bag of chips” he just smirks and grunts before walking back to the living room and back to all the noise. Not cool Sasuke, not cool.

~*~

How did I get here? No seriously, I’m currently playing spin the bottle. It been pretty amusing so far; Ino had to kiss Rock Lee, Sakura had to kiss Choji, Sasuke had to kiss a fangirl, TenTen had to kiss Naruto (poor Hinata), Hinata had to kiss Kiba (again, poor Hinata; she fainted).

Meanwhile, I had not kissed anyone yet, surprisingly. I was just laughing and snacking on strawberries, my favorite fruit. So finally, it was my turn to spin the bottle. The long awaited moment.

I sighed and spun the bottle hard, but not too hard. I ate another strawberry as I watched it spin to a stop on the one and only…Shikamaru Nara!

The room was quiet for a minute before Ino decided to wake up Shikamaru, who was asleep, not like we didn’t already predict it.

So anyway, I crawled over there to get it over with; I was still pretty nervous, but since Sasuke already stole my first kiss, it’s not like I haven’t done this before! T-T

He scowled at Ino for waking him, and yawned openly, so I just waited till he was done before pecking him lightly on his lips.

His reaction was priceless! The whole room ended up laughing at his surprise, though I was the only one who was stupid enough to fall back on the bottle. They only laughed harder at that, I swear, these people will laugh at anything.

~*~

“Come on Sayuri! It’s just karaoke!” said TenTen, trying to get me to the karaoke machine, keyword trying.

“NO!!” I stayed firm, gripping the couch as they tried to pull me over to the evil machine.

They continued to pull me toward the karaoke machine, but very slowly, I had to escape somehow… but how?

That’s it! The back door, why didn’t I think of this earlier?! I could be such an idiot sometimes...

So anyway, I managed to escape and run out the back door. Outside was a large white marble Gazebo. But I wasn’t expecting to see Sasuke there. Mainly because I thought he was inside, and I didn’t see him leave.

Great, so now I have to choose: Sasuke or Karaoke. I looked back at the door, contemplating which to choose.

I looked back up; Sasuke had finally noticed me.