Chapter Sixty-Six

• Dedicated to JYAG's beloved readers :)

~*Sayuri*~

So it was just a game… “When’d you get so smart?” I ask, frowning at her. She opens the large wooden double doors of the mansion and smiles.

“I don’t know,” she shrugs and heads to the 5-star kitchen. “By the way, I don’t think he was being completely honest with you, but then again, what do I know…” she grabs three different flavors of ice cream from the freezer and grins.

I smile, completely forgetting why I was ever mad at her. “Thanks Sakura,” I take the carton of chocolate ice cream and a scoop. Just as I’m about to apologize, she beats me to it.

“I’m really sorry Sayuri, I know it doesn't change how mean I was to you, but I just wanted you to know.”  

“Yeah, you were pretty mean…” I grin and watch her draw circles on the ice cream carton. “But I should’ve told you about us. I know that wasn’t the best way for you to find out and I’m sorry.”

She looked beyond shocked, but she soon got over it. “Well, I forgive you if you forgive me” she says with a grin.

I smile and nod, “I forgive you.”

“Friends again?” I nod and she pulls me into one her famous choker hugs.

When she finally let go, we hop on the counter with our ice cream. “So what’re going to do about Sasuke-kun?”

I shrug and draw circles in my chocolate. “I don’t know. What does one do in such a situation?”

She stares at me like I grew a second head, “Why are you talking like that?”

“Never mind,” I say, sighing. “I don’t know what to do…”

She frowns and licks her spoon. “Why are you even mad at him?”

And just like that, I had an epiphany, or whatever they call it. I realized I had never told him why I was mad in the first place. Until now, I guess I never really knew.

Oh great, now where am I going to find a depressing yet really smart guy with hair like a ducks butt?!

So with a heavy sigh, I head to my old purple room. Apparently I’m sleeping over tonight. Might as well set up then, or so I thought. Who knew I’d find Sasuke sitting on my bed staring at the ceiling?

He seemed startled at my entrance and stares at me for what seems like forever before finally speaking. “You’re here.”

I nod and close the door behind me. “Yeah, so are you.”

He stands up and before I know it, he’s in front of me. My back hits the door and I know I’m trapped. He sighs, “I really wanted you to come…”

Why? You don’t love me anyway…

He stares into my eyes and I’m pulled into the darkness. His minty scent engulfs me as he pulls me to him. “I love you.”

-*Sasuke*-

I didn’t even notice when I made it home. I turned off the car engine and let my head fall. It hit the wheel with a thud. I thought back to her tears, how they flowed without end in sight.

An uncomfortable weight shifted in my chest. If I didn’t know better, I’d say it was my heart. Only one question circled my mind, however. Why? Why did I lie to her? Why did I make her cry even though I said I never wanted to see it?

I had no answer. My pitifully stupid brain couldn’t think of one. And all my conscience could say was; “Talk to her. Apologize. Tell her you love her.”