Chapter Fifty-Two

~*Sayuri*~

For whatever unknown reason, I couldn’t hold back the extra loud squeal that escaped my lips the moment I saw the picture. Weirdly enough, Sasuke seemed surprised by my squeal; then again, maybe it reminded him of fan-girls.

Surprisingly, I was able to escape Sasuke and practically sprint over to the picture even though it was only about seven feet away. I could hear his chuckle of amusement from the seven foot distance that he quickly crossed in less than two minutes.  

“I can’t believe you still have this…” I stared at the picture, smiling in a possibly weird way.

“What else would I do to it?” I looked at him only to notice that he was less than five inches away from my face.

“You could’ve thrown it away, it wasn’t nearly as good as yours” I say sheepishly, I mean, it was my fault I was too cheap to buy an actual present for him, then again, what do you give a guy who has everything??

I thought about giving him nothing since obviously, he doesn’t have that, but that wouldn’t have worked. So I settled for something homemade; if it was homemade, it couldn’t be bought and so he couldn’t have a way to get it other than from me!!!

“Are you even listening to me??” he stared at me looking quite amused, as always while my face heated up as always.

“No, not really” I put on my best smile and hoped for the best. I don’t think it came; all I got was Sasuke’s smirk.

“I said there is no way I’d throw it away, you made it” for a moment, I totally believed him, except for his smirk that was constantly taunting me.

“Liar” I glare at him and stand up just as my phone plays its annoying ringtone I set for Sakura. Sighing, I bring the phone to my ear, preparing myself for what was to come.

“Sayuri, how was you know who??? By the way where are you?” I raise an eyebrow at her volume, she actually wasn’t yelling, or maybe she was. As I listened closer, I could hear a faint yelling in the background.

“Never mind that, where are you??! I hear screaming” I walked a few steps as Sasuke watched still looking amused.

“Oh, you heard that” she giggles softly; “I’m in front of Sasuke’s mansion. I dropped off my candy, but nothing happened, just like always, I was thinking maybe I should just give up. That’s why I called; do you think I should give up??”

Honestly, I had nothing to say to that. I mean I could tell her the truth and suffer from cheerleader karma or I could continue my lies and still suffer from cheerleader karma along with regular karma. So, sighing, again, I decided to tell her the well-awaited truth. More like half of it.

“Honestly, Sakura, you should just give up” there was absolute silence on the line.

After a few seconds, I heard a small sniffle; “you think so” and so, just like that, my poker face broke.

“Sakura, don’t force yourself to do something you don’t want to do. If you want him to notice you, don’t do it with so many other people, you have to make sure you stand out” I turn to Sasuke and smirk.

I hear a gasp on the line and my smirk widens. “You’re right, I should make myself stand out!!!” she giggles one more time before hanging up, without even a ‘bye’.

Oh no, what have I done??!

Sasuke simply raises an eyebrow at my new horrified look. He has no idea, poor Sasuke; he has a newly motivated fangirl.

~*~

I left Sasuke’s house in a mix of moods, part of me was horrified at what Sakura would do, while another part couldn’t care less if it wasn’t about Sasuke. I decided to toss that part out, only, it wouldn’t budge. Another part of me felt relieved that I was back to talking to Sasuke again and that I didn’t have to worry about whether or not he had a girlfriend. Finally, the last part was still too busy replying this part of my purely awesome Valentine’s Day;

“Ne, Sasuke, does this mean, we’re you know…” I look up to him with the all too evident blush on my face.

“If you want us to be” he smirks at me. I grin and nod before stuffing my face into his shirt for probably the fourth time today.

It was much too short, but at least I got one thing out of this; Sasuke and I were finally ‘officially’ going out. There was only one catch though; it would have to be a secret from the entire student body, including my very best friends. We would have to act like we didn’t know each other during school hours, but after that, we were anything but strangers.