Chapter Forty-Six

The rest of the day went by in a blur of uneventful events. I barely noticed that I probably, most likely failed pre-calculus. I also barely noticed that lip-sync was in a week and we still hadn’t gotten anything from practices.

The only thing I probably faintly remember was of how I was super proud of the cheerleaders for coming up with a brilliant idea, though I completely forgot what the idea was.

Either way, the week went by way faster than I thought it would. I’m pretty sure Sasuke showed up in my room before I even got there, which really irritated me. But somehow, I was able to get through it and so, today is the day of lip-sync. I’m sure everyone’s ready and pretty nervous too.

Unlike the week, this one day pretty much made up for the week lost. It felt like first period was barely moving, and it didn’t help that it was economics which was probably the most boring subject in the entirety of the world.

Sasuke was his normal self, always smirking at things that weren’t near being funny. Weirdly enough, he didn’t smirk when there were people around. So I just ignored him and went on with my strangely slow day. Though, things only somewhat sped up during lunch when Kaori suddenly walked up to me while I was reading a pretty good book. Let’s just say, I was not happy to be interrupted.

“Will you put down that damn book and listen to me?!” I just sighed and held up a finger for her to be patient. I could feel her glare on me, but said nothing. Next thing I know, my book is in her hand and she’s smirking instead.

“Dude, I was reading that!” like I said, I was not happy. Her smirk widened and I sighed again; “fine, what were saying?”

Smiling she says the most unexpected thing, though if coming from a fangirl, it wouldn’t have sounded so absurd. “Sasuke is mine, back off”

I raised an eyebrow; “that’s it?” she looked shocked for a second before throwing the book on the table. I swear Sasuke is always getting new fangirls; I don’t get it though, his hair practically a duck.

“By the way, Sayuri, if you don’t want me to tell people about your little visits, I’d stay away from him of I were you” she says my name like it’s some disease she doesn’t want to catch.

“What the hell are you talking about” I ask as the librarian gives us a look.

She smirks; “You think I don’t know that Sasuke visits your room every night?” her smirk widens at my shocked expression. How the hell does she know about that?! Is she like the ultimate fangirl; the stalker?!

Stay away from Sasuke-sama!!” she warns before leaving the library. I just sigh and slump in my chair awaiting the bell to ring. Eventually when it doesn’t, I head back to café, mostly from feeling suffocated in the all too quiet library.

Normally in that situation, I would’ve probably laughed, no, I definitely laugh, but for some reason, I couldn’t bring myself to. I had no idea why, but it might’ve been that I didn’t want anyone to know about the whole Sasuke thing, especially Sakura.

Either way, I kept contemplating it for the rest of the day and could’ve sworn Sasuke noticed, after all he is always staring at me. Anyway as people went to get their places to perform after everyone had already changed and such, I was suddenly pulled aside by an unknown force.

I was pushed to the nearest wall as I felt a body press close to me. I looked up to the all too familiar face Sasuke Uchiha. “Why are you avoiding me?”

I blinked at his blunt question. “Uh, I’m not avoiding you” I say not looking at him. When I glanced back at him, he had an eyebrow raised.

He sighs; “then look at me” I didn’t. After a few seconds, I felt his hand lift my chin up to face him. I kept my eyes away from his though, making him sigh again. Unfortunately, since my eyes weren’t on his eyes, they were on his lips instead.

He licked his lips making my face go abnormally warm. I quickly looked away and back to his eyes, which held an amused look. He smirked and leaned closer to me making his lips inches from mine. I felt my eyes flutter closed.

Next up we have our one and only cheerleaders!! Hopefully, they’ll do better than last year” laughter from the crowd signaled that we were indeed next.

My eyes shot open like a bullet. Sasuke didn’t look so happy, “We’ll continue later” my heart practically stopped and took forever to start. I slid along the wall as he left. I took several deep breaths to calm my heart. It didn’t work. Well, it did, but barely.

Finally I sighed and walked back stage which was closer that I thought. Sighing one last time, I stepped on stage just as the curtains split open.