Chapter Fifty-Six

~*Sayuri*~

You have no idea of the thoughts that were circling through my head at that very moment. I know I should’ve probably seen it coming when Sasuke kissed me and all, but even if I knew that a million times over, I also knew that there was no way I would deny Sasuke’s kiss.

The Aftermath, on the other hand, was much harder to bear than a kiss. In fact, the kiss wasn’t hard to bear whatsoever. To be completely honest, the kiss was amazing, and if I could, I would definitely replay.

“Hello? I asked you a question!!” her glare was much scarier than I had imagined, and for once, it seemed as if she was really mad. No, she was more than mad, she was pissed…at me.

I slowly turn to face her completely. “Look, Sakura…”

She doesn’t let me finish, “let me guess, ‘it’s not what it looks like’? ‘It’s not what you think’? ‘I can explain’? Go ahead, explain.”

A quick sigh and a glance at my expensive shoes, “I wasn’t even going to say those things.”

She lets out a humorless laugh; “really, then what were you going to say?”

“I was going to say…” I would’ve actually said something, or not, if Sakura hadn’t interrupted again.

“Last time I asked, you said, you said you didn’t like him! What the hell happened to that?! I thought he wasn’t your type.” I see the tears forming under her emerald eyes.

I sigh again; “he wasn’t. And, I know what I said, but that was then, and this is now. People change Sakura.”

“People change?! You’re telling me that people change? What the hell do you of change?!” she scoffs and shakes her head, making a tear slip onto her cheek.

Though I feel sorry for her, somewhat, there is only so much I can take. “You know nothing about me.” Now I was glaring also. A crowd was forming, and I suddenly got a feeling that this was not going to end well.

“Yeah? Well, what the hell do you know about me?! You stole my boyfriend!! So yeah, maybe I didn’t know you as I thought I did.”

I raise an eyebrow; “boyfriend?! He was never your boyfriend.” I stare straight in her green eyes, “you know nothing about him.”

She raises her hand in a somewhat threatening manner, and for a moment, I think she’s going to hit me, but a hand stops her. Much to my surprise and quite obvious happiness, Naruto steps out from behind Sakura.

She doesn’t seem to notice that she can’t move her hand; “You know what Sayuri, you’re off the team and you’d better not show your boyfriend stealing face around me ever again!” she yanked her hand back from Naruto. Guess she did notice. She glares at me one last time before turning to leave.

Seeming to have remembered something, she turns and stares right at me, and for a moment, I’m scared of what she’d say. “Oh, and Sayuri, don’t bother coming home, you’re no longer my sister.”

Normally, I probably wouldn’t have cared that she said that, after all, I never wanted to be her sister, so why am I crying?

~*~

I know what you’re thinking; I’m an idiot for actually caring what fangirl Sakura said. Well, maybe I am an idiot. I was actually stupid enough to feel some sort of connection to Sakura; I actually thought she was my friend.

Now, as if to rub it in my face, even TenTen went missing, then again, she was probably with Neji. Only Naruto stayed with me, well, and Sasuke, who Naruto is currently glaring at.

“Sayu…” he looks sad or something like that. I’m not really in the mood to read his expressions right now.

“What do you want? You want to just stand there and stare at me like you did that entire time?!” I glare up at his shocked gaze. “What, you think I didn’t notice? Who the hell told you to kiss me then anyway?! What stupid idiot told you that you could do that?!?!” more tears flow from my already swollen eyes.

I quickly wipe them in the frantic attempt to hide them from him; “Lord knows you had other chances, so why now? Why would you choose the one place, the one moment where Sakura would have the greatest chance of seeing? What made you act soo stupidly? I never took you for an idiot, so why Sasuke, why?

Even more tears escaped but this time, I didn’t bother to wipe them away. “Answer me!” I could many people’s stares but I deliberately decided to ignore them, instead I stared intently at Sasuke, awaiting his answer.

Instead of answering, he steps closer to me. With a sigh I continue my rant; “with that, you made me lose my friends.” He stops and looks at me with shock, and honestly, I should’ve seen coming.

“So, are you happy now? I honestly hope you’re happy because…” he stops my sentence by looking down at his shoes.

“Do I look happy?” he looks at me with a look sad enough to end my anger.

Instead I huff; “When have I ever known your emotions, you never tell me. I never know what you’re thinking, and yet it seems like you always know what running through my head. It’s not fair. Still, I would like to think that you’d know when to hold your hormones. But, I guess that’s not possible, is it?”

“Sayu…” he steps even closer to me and places a hand on my bare shoulder.

“No, Sasuke, I want nothing to do with you anymore. Better yet, we’re over.” His eyes widen and his grips tightens, almost to the point of pain, almost. At the hurt look on his face, I almost take it back, but then I remember the reason I’m saying it in the first place.

“You what Sasuke, just stay away from me, okay?” his face falls and a tear slides slowly down my cheek. Much to my surprise, he pulls me into a hug.

“Don’t say that Sayuri, don’t tell me to leave you!” his voice sounded pained, almost like he was going to cry, almost.

I struggled fiercely against his hug; “No Sasuke! Just leave, I don’t want to see you anymore!” When he doesn’t let go, I push against his chest with all my strength. “Just let go damn it!”

He doesn’t. “I hate you!!” even though I screamed it into his chest, I pretty sure he heard me loud and clear, because his grip weakened before his arms dropped to his side.

Realizing what I had just said, a tear slides slowly down my face and a sob escapes my lips; “Just stay away from me.” And with one last look at his dark eyes, I turn and pull Naruto out the large double doors.