Chapter Forty-Seven

I thought our performance was pretty good, but there were some parts that could use some improvement. When we were done, we received utter silence from the large crowd that I was not expecting. Seconds passed before someone near the back started a loud booming applause that grew louder as it reached the front.

Of course, like any other person, I was shocked, which is a huge understatement, even huge is an understatement. Either way, shocked or not, I grinned and bowed along with the girls. Afterwards, we walked off the stage feeling proud and confident; that is, before the dance team went up.

They performed in perfect sync and in perfect timing with the song; “Mr. Taxi” by SNSD. While they performed, I noticed that the cheerleaders were losing their light, aka they weren’t looking so confident.

I sighed and faced them; “Look guys, I know they’re good, but believe me, we were better, and even if we don’t get first, at least we tried right?”

They didn’t look convinced. I sighed again; “I thought you did good.” I could’ve sworn I twisted my neck from turning around so fast. Behind me was Sasuke and he was smirking. Before I say anything, the girls squealed and surrounded us in the blink of eye.

“You really think so Sasuke-kun??” asked one of the many girls surrounding him. He just smirks at me as I try to squeeze my way through the many rows of rabid fangirls.

After finally getting out of the crowd of Sasuke fangirls, I was able to get some air. Meanwhile I noticed that Sasuke was getting increasingly annoyed by the cheerleaders. Now it’s my turn to smirk, and that’s exactly what I did; I made sure he saw it too. After about a few minutes of that I got annoyed and started trying to pry them off Sasuke. It didn’t work.

Finally, I sighed from my apparently useless effort at the abnormally tough task. It didn’t help that they were squealing extremely loud, so on top of the ridiculously hard burden of prying them off Sasuke; I also had to worry about losing my hearing! I give up, they’re too strong!!

Apparently, I was wrong about the universe hating me because less than a minute later, the judges finished deliberating and it was time for the results. Surprisingly, they didn’t take a while to disentangle themselves from Sasuke. They went back to being nervous and surrounded me to listen to the results.

In third place with an impressive 76 points, from a total of 100, is our one and only step team!!!” the announcer person said with way too much enthusiasm. The crowd roared. The step team was really good, and to be honest, I don’t think we did good enough to beat them.

In second place with an astonishing 92 points is, wow, our cheerleading team!!!!!” exclaims the announcer, sounding shocked and astounded. It took me a while to realize that they had called us.

Apparently, it wasn’t just me, because when I turned to look at the rest of the cheerleaders that seemed to be in a daze of some sort. It was only Sasuke who looked like he wasn’t completely out of it. He smiled at me.

On normal days I would’ve probably thrown more than a fit, but for some unknown reason, today, it just felt right. I grinned back and nudged Sakura. She squealed so loud, I could’ve sworn my eardrums exploded.

 Before I could fully recover from the abnormal sound of Sakura, said person was already on stage accepting the prize. I couldn’t help but smile and roll my eyes at her enthusiasm. I jogged to her and the team in my super high, break neck heels to hear what our prize was.

“Congratulations, I’m beyond shocked that I actually get to say this, but you all get free tickets to homecoming next week Saturday at Six” Tsunade looked like she would regret it someday, and for the life of me, I couldn’t fathom why.