Chapter Sixty

~*Sayuri*~

It’s been a week since I met my mother and father, who hadn’t changed at all, both of them. My father was still the scary person I remembered and my mother was still as caring and loving as I had known. I know it seems like I’m taking sides or whatever, but… actually, I am taking sides. And for good reason too.

Anyway, since it’s been a week, things have been a bit out of control. I moved out of Naruto’s apartment and went to live with my mother who lived not too far away from my old apartment, and as far as that went, it was great! I met my brother who is probably the cutest eleven year old kid ever. His name is Kyohei and he just happens to look just like my dad, in the creepiest way possible, seeing as he’s so cute.

He has silvery, soft, pale white hair and striking green eyes, just like Dad, except, he acts nothing like him.

Well, enough of that. School hasn’t been going good, though. Sakura and her crew of cheerleaders are personally making it their job to humiliate me in every way possible and all Sasuke can do is stare at me, and make me feel worse.

I spend every lunch in the library and if it’s closed, I go to Kakashi-sensei’s room. Of course, he wouldn’t mind, all he does is read anyway. I work almost every day now, even though I don’t necessarily need the money.

To make things even worse, Sasuke has been following me everywhere, and I mean everywhere! I don’t even know how he knows where I am. It’s really creepy but strangely reassuring, in an even creepier way.

TenTen’s been bugging me to ‘get back in the field’, whatever that means.

So basically, what I’m getting at is, I have a blind date tonight, and guess who it’s organized by. Of course it’s TenTen.

 She forced me to take the night off; since it’s Friday, and she has nothing better to do than bug me with useless things like dates with people I probably don’t even know.

So anyway, she came over hours before the set time telling me to get dressed in a very revealing black dress she bought me. She did my makeup and everything and before I knew it, we were on our way, and several minutes late. Meanwhile, I had no idea how we took 3 hours to get ready.

So now, we’re at some restaurant I don’t know the name of going to meet this guy I’m supposed to be on a date with. As we approach the table though, all I see is the familiar hair of the one person I do not wish to see. Sasuke Uchiha.

-*Sasuke*-

This date is torture. The tension at this particular table was suffocating and I could tell Sayuri did not look happy to see me. She had been glaring at TenTen the entire time and when our meals came, barely any of the tension was relieved. Meanwhile, the waiter was staring at Sayuri in a way that made me want to punch him.

We ate in silence, until the food finished. Finally, I turned to her. “Sayu…”

She looks at me, more like glares at me. “I don’t have anything to say to you” her voice sounded strangely hoarse, as if she was holding something back.

She reaches for her purse but I stop her; “You don’t have to say anything. Just listen…please?” I ask, noticing how warm her hand is.

She stares at me for a few seconds before moving her hand from under mine. She looks away and sighs. “Fine, I’ll listen”

Why is it that when she says she’ll listen, I can’t seem to think of what to say?

~*Sayuri*~

Why isn’t he saying anything? He told me to listen, so why is he being all silent now? He’s so weird.

I turn to him, only to find him staring at me, and as much as I absolutely don’t want to, I find myself lost in his dark eyes. Before I reach the point of no return, I tear my eyes from his and continue to poke at my dinner.

“So, what’d you want to say?” I continue poking at my food, while he seems to contemplate what to say to me. Meanwhile, I lose patience and the question that had been bothering me all night.

“Fine, then, let me ask one question” I turn back to him, careful to not get lost in his eyes. “Why do you continue to follow me, even though I made it clear that we’re over?”

He looked curious for a moment before raising an eyebrow; “I thought I told you already, in the park”

For a second, I have no idea what he’s talking about, then I remember; “I’m the only stalker you can have”

“You should know I’ll protect you”

He continues staring at me, but all I can to keep my stupid heart from exploding is to look away. Instead, I end up looking at TenTen who looks utterly confused, and come to think of it, so does Neji.

I let out a shaky sigh and grab for my small black purse. “I have to go” I mutter while standing. I take about two steps before Sasuke grabs my hand, burning the area he touches. I turn to him just as a rebellious tear escapes.

His eyes widen and his grip loosens. “I can’t be here” I murmur tugging my hand free from his and quickly making it to the door, I’m taken in by the darkness that is night.

I walk only a few steps before a familiar hand catches mine. I turn to find Sasuke, exactly who I’d expected. He stops me before I could say anything. “Before you say anything; will you at least let me take you home?”

I sigh and shake my head, “please, I just want to be alone right now. Please?” Strangly enough, I feel like I’m about to suffocate. My heart won’t stop pounding. I can’t breathe.

He looked pained, but let go of my hand anyway. “Be safe” he then sighs and walks back to the restaurant. After staring at the door where he entered for a few seconds, I slowly turn and walk back home with a sigh. Though, that probably isn’t the best thing to do in heels and a really short black dress at night.

As if to prove my thoughts right, I’m yanked into a dark alley before I even have the time to scream. Much to my dismay, approximately five not so good looking guys sneer at me.

“Well, well, well, aren’t you cute?” the guy in front grins as I take a deep breath. You know how the helpless heroines in stupid movies scream when they’re danger? Well, now that I’m in danger, all I can think is to scream. And that’s exactly what I did.

Though, the strangest thought comes to me as they seemed to realize what I just did. One of the guys pulls out a white cloth and before I know it, the world is becoming darker and darker by the second. But, of course, all I can think is Sasuke, help me.