Chapter Eighteen

I can’t believe it, my mom is dead.

Before I knew it, I ran out of the office crying. I ran right by Sasuke, who was walking in the hallway for whatever reason. He grabbed my arm, not letting me run to my hearts extent. I turned away from him, refusing to show my tears. It’s embarrassing to cry in front of people, especially Sasuke people.

“What’s wrong?” he asks, pulling me closer to him. Damn it, damn it! Stop crying!! I can’t cry in front of him!!!

“Nothing” I say, trying to get out of his grip. Jeez, he’s going to break my arm!!

He sighs before letting me go, but surprisingly, I just couldn’t find it in myself to run. “It’s not nothing if you're crying” just great! He already noticed.

He signs again, “What happened?” and here I go again…

I really need to start paying attention to what I’m doing, cause guess what. I’m currently crying on Sasuke’s chest. And surprisingly, he doesn’t seem to mind, in fact, he just reluctantly wrapped his arms around me. Wait what?!

Why won’t I move?! Move dammit!!! Ugh!!

He runs his hands through my hair, I’m just wondering how he could do that when he towers over little short me. “Are you going to tell me what happened?”

I shook my head, hugging him tighter. His heart is beating pretty fast; who knew Sasuke could actually get excited about things.

About a few minutes later, after I decided it was about time I stopped crying, and apparently Sasuke thought so too. “Are you done?” he asks, holding me at arm’s length.

I just nodding, not wanting to say anything for fear that my voice might, now will, crack. I could’ve sworn he smiled, but I’m much too tired to freak about it right now. He wiped my tears with his thumbs before grabbing my hand. He pulled me to the great double doors of KHS.

“W-we’re going to skip school?” I ask, trying to talk straight so he could hear me.

He smirks, “It’s not skipping if you have a pass” he opens the passenger door to his car and motions for me to enter, and so I do. He quickly gets in the driver seat and starts the fancy car. And then I remembered, I still have my car at school.

“My car is still at school” I say, pulling on his sleeve in order to gain his attention, it worked, well a little.

“We’ll get it later” he says, before increasing the speed of the car yet again.

“Uh, Sasuke, maybe you should slow down” I say, panicking at the still increasing speed of his car.

He smirked and went even faster, “Sasuke, slow down!! I don’t want to die in a car accident!” I exclaim clutching my seatbelt.

He raised an eyebrow, “you're not going to die”

“How am I supposed to believe you? You’re driving like a maniac!!”

He chuckles and suddenly stops the car. “We’re here”

Dizzy, I stepped out of the fancy black car and walked unsteadily over to Sasuke, who chuckled at my current state. He grabbed my hand again and led me through a bunch of trees before stopping. No way

The first thing I saw was a large glistening lake. Over it was a small red bridge. The grass was pretty high, and was swaying lightly with the soft wind.

All I can say is wow, in a good way. I mean this is incredible, like a little hideout; you really have to search for it to find it. It’s hidden in the middle of many trees deep in the park, there’s no trail leading anyone here, so it’s all secluded.

My eyes finally meet his, and I notice he’s smirking, as always, but it’s not like s cocky smirk, more like a nice smirk, I don’t know how that’s possible, but whatever.

“Now are you going to tell me what happened?” he asks, Jeez, he really knows how to ruin the mood.

He just had to make me remember that! I sigh, biting back tears. Just freaking great, right.