Chapter Forty

She lied to me!! T-T

“Sakura, where’s the candy??” I ask my hyped up pink haired ‘sister’.

“Oh, right, it’s over there” she says pointing in a random direction.

-_- “You said that 10 minutes ago, it isn’t there!!” I whine, having a non-sugar fit. I feel soo empty without my sugar!!!

“But it is there, look!!” she says, pointing in another direction. There, I see a… fruit stand.

I sigh, feeling a bit frustrated, “That’s not Candy, Sakura, that’s fruit” I need my candy!

“Right, but don’t you like strawberries??” she asks looking nervous.

“Yes, but I don’t feel like having strawberries right now” I said glaring at her.

“Oh look, there it is” she says looking relieved while pointing to a small stand that was obviously selling candy by the color and style.

I glare suspiciously, “You lucked out”

She giggles nervously, “no worries, buy anything you want, I’ll pay”

I huff and walk over to the candy stand, and since it apparently just arrived, people hadn’t started lining up yet. “I’ll get…five of each, please” I say smirking as Sakura groans.

After they handed me my candy in a bag, I grinned the opened a strawberry lollipop. “Well, I’ll be up there if you need me” I say pointing to the top of the Hokage mountain.

“Alright” she says waving to Ino who was currently running over in her tight kimono.

I continue sucking on my lollipop as I walk all the way to the top of the Hokage Mountain. By the time I reach the mountain, my lollipop is halfway through and I find a piece of gum inside. Though, it doesn’t take long before the gum loses its taste and I have to spit it out.

And so, I stand looking down at the party from the mountain, while enjoying the cool wind. Even though it’s winter, it’s pretty warm.

“Sayuri” says a deep voice from somewhere beside me. I turn almost immediately and almost drop the bag of candy. There, standing by a big Sakura tree is Sasuke Uchiha.

I let out a sigh of relief and he raised an eyebrow; “You really should stop doing that”

He smirked and I looked away trying not to blush. It didn’t work. Meanwhile I notice the rising excitement in the air as the countdown begins.

“10!” I grin at Sasuke and pull him away from the big tree to get a better view, but as always, he doesn’t budge.

“9!!” I pout, “Come on Sasuke, I wanna see the fireworks!!”

“8!!!” he raises an eyebrow; “They’re not up yet”

“7!!!!” I glare at him, “so, I don’t want a big tree in my way!”

“6!!!!!” he looks taken back, “fine” he says and lets me pull him to the clearing.

“5!!!!!!” I scream along with the crowd, grinning at the annoyed Sasuke.

“4!!!!!!!” I laugh and grab his arm, urging him to join; he doesn’t.

“3!!!!!!!!” I tug on his sleeve, but he just sighs, shaking his head.

“2!!!!!!!!!” I shrug and join in the countdown, bouncing around the clearing.

“1!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!” I laugh as a huge spark exploded behind me; almost immediately, I turn around to see the long awaited fireworks.

“It soo pretty…” I say looking up at the exploding fireworks lighting the night sky.

Sasuke murmurs something inaudible, though I’m almost positive he something about me.

“What did you say Sasuke??” I ask turning to face him.

He looks away, “nothing”

I look at him weirdly before shrugging, he was naturally weird anyway, I’m sure it’s nothing to be worried about.

Other big and colorful fireworks burst into the sky and I completely forget about Sasuke. Except for one thing; why is he even here, I didn’t think he would come.

And so I turn back around grab his arm, probably annoying him, but I really don’t care right now.

“So Sasuke-kun, why did you decide to crash this party??” I ask grinning.

He sighed; “I was bored”

I nodded, “I really didn’t think you would come though, you surprised me”

“Hn” he ‘hn’s I think?? I’m pretty sure it was more of the grunt though.

“You’re so weird” I say laughing before looking back at the fireworks.

Another bright display of fireworks explode in the sky as I stare, infatuated with the brightness and beauty. I grin and walk back to Sasuke and grab his hand; “Sasuke, don’t you think that one’s pretty?” I ask, pointing to an explosion of lights in the night sky mixing with the stars.

“Hn…” he mutters, looking distracted. He just kept staring at me.

“What??” I ask, looking at him curiously.

He doesn’t answer, just keeps looking at me with the same indescribable look and super deep eyes. Meanwhile I contemplated possible ways that this could end. And of course, I just had to think up a weird conclusion to this situation. He’s going to kiss me!!!