Chapter Fifty-Eight

~*Sayuri*~

Do I love him?? Hell, if I knew that I wouldn’t be so confused, now would I? I mean, I’m pretty sure I liked him, as in past tense; then again, maybe I should probably say I like him, as in present tense.

“Ugh!” I groan and throw myself on the bed in utter frustration. About less than a minute later, my phone rings and for a moment, all is still; all except the phone.

Finally, after staring at it for way too long, I get up and walk up to it. As I pick it up, I notice the caller ID: Pink Lily Hotel.

Quite curiously, I answer the call, wondering what they could possibly be calling me about.

“Hello?” I frown, feeling somewhat nervous at the silence oozing from the phone.

“Sayuri, hi, I’m terribly sorry if I startled you with my call, but…I think it’d be best of you come to the hotel; there’s something—someone you had better see” She sounded rather excited but somewhat nervous.

“Uh, okay then, just give me a few minutes.” I smile half-heartedly though she has no way of seeing me.

Sighing, I hang up and glance at the standing mirror a few feet away. My appearance didn’t shock me as much as it disappointed me. Basically, I looked awful! My hair’s a mess from the night before and my eyes were obviously swollen from crying too much.

As I stand staring at my reflection, I can’t help but think about last night with Nori, and of course, his question.

-*-*-

“I only have one question.” That was probably the most serious I have ever seen him, he always looked so playful, but he looked really serious then. “Do you love him?”

Honestly, I didn’t know what to say. It looked like he was waiting for my answer but that’s just it, I didn’t have one. “I don’t know”

He seemed frustrated by my answer, but what else could I do, all I could think was that I had actually made him cry not whether or not I loved him. I know, I’m weird, but you can’t just expect me to answer that type of question in two seconds.

“How can you not know?” he looked mad, but more frustrated than ever.

“Nori, I liked him, okay? I really liked him, but I’m not sure if I liked him enough to love him.”

-*-*-

Groaning, I toss myself on the bed again and stare at the ceiling in utter confusion. Normally, in this situation I would go for some candy, but that reminds me of Sasuke and our Valentine’s Day thing, and our date thing.

Remembering that, I turn away from the ceiling and instead focus on finding a way to the hotel since I don’t exactly have my car…or my clothes.

“You’re not going to school?” I look up to find Naruto leaning on the door frame and looking at me curiously.

“Goodness, you startled me!” I sit up and try to act as startled at possible, except that it’s not really working. Finally, I sigh; “I don’t anything to wear.”

“Ah” he grins and walks out. He comes back a few seconds later with three large boxes. “I got your stuff from Sakura’s house. Oh, and your car’s outside.”

I continue staring at the boxes with glances to him every few seconds. What would I do without him?

“Thanks Nori, and how did you know?” I stand up to give him a hug. But he just shrugs and nods to the boxes.

For the next half an hour or so, I rifled through the boxes trying to find something that would hide how hideous I felt. I settled for comfy pair of gray skinny jeans, a white shirt with an awesome guitar and the words ‘Music is my World’ on the front and a pair of black and white converse.

I brushed my hair a few times; thankfully, Naruto brought my hair products and put on some lip gloss and bracelets and I was good to go.

I opened the last box looking for my earrings when I saw the two teddy bears that Sasuke had given me. I didn’t know when it happened but all of a sudden, I was sobbing then it turned to a really loud wailing type thing.

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t stop it, it was like a flowing river and I couldn’t build a dam fast enough. There’s no way I’m going to school today.

~*~

An hour later, I arrive in front of Pink Lily Hotel. Almost immediately, I am pulled and dragged all the way to the president’s office on the top floor.

So I stare at the large doors of the room I’ve never been in to meet someone and I have no idea who that person could be.

Meanwhile, the manager person keeps urging me to open the door, but I’m not so sure I want to. She probably got frustrated with my indecision because she sighed and opened the door. She grins at me before leaving.

“Ah, you came” the chair behind the desk I just now noticed was there, turn and a person stands to face me. She blinks twice before speaking again. Her eyes widen in shock; “Sayuri?”

My shock was most likely evident on my face because my voice refuses to work. I have no idea how that relates to my face but whatever.

The woman looked familiar, really familiar. She had long, shiny, dark brown hair and bright blue eyes. She was slim and she looked exactly like my mother. Except that, my mother’s supposed to be dead.

-*Sasuke*-

I walk through school normally, wearing my mask of confidence as the whispers and rumors circulate around me. I knew they were talking about the events of last night but I refused to listen, then again, when does that ever work with rumors?

“Hey, Uchiha!” A voice I just managed to catch, grabs at my attention. I turn to find Sayuri’s best friend glaring at me.

“I have a name, you know.” Forcing a straight face sure is hard, especially when I really want to ask where Sayuri is. She wasn’t in class today, and normally I wouldn’t have really cared, but for reasons I already know, she’s been clouding my mind lately. I can’t help but think that she doesn’t want to see me, though.

She rolls her eyes; “And your name is Uchiha, is it not?” she sighs and looks around at the staring bystanders. “Anyway, I have to ask you something.”

I raise an eyebrow; “if I say no, will you go away?” I lean against a nearby wall.

She rolls her eyes again; “What happened at homecoming?”

I raise an eyebrow in curiosity; I could’ve sworn I saw her there; then again, I could’ve been mistaken. “Weren’t you there?”

She pauses for a split second; “I left early.”

I simply shrug, not bothering to pry into her personal business. “Why don’t you just ask her?”

She sighs; “because, she didn’t come to school today, and she’s answering my calls or texts!”

To tell the truth, I was a bit surprised to hear that, I thought they told each other everything. “And what made you think I would tell you?”

She seems shocked by my question; “because you have to!” she exclaims, looking up at me.

“Why?” I ask, genuinely curious.

“Look, I keep hearing rumors about my best friend that I know aren’t true! What do expect me to do, just sit here and wait when I have no idea how it even started in the first place?!” she was talking rather loudly and attracting unwanted strangers.

Sighing I turn away from the crowd; “fine, I’ll tell you.” I stand up from the wall and walk toward a somewhat secluded area in the hallway.

“I kissed her.” Three words, ten letters and she was speechless. Well, almost.

“Why?” she seemed too shocked to say anything else.

I frown, ‘why?’ What kind of a question is that? “Because I like her” I pause as a thought comes to me. “Actually, let me rephrase that; I love her.”