Salon Sobs- Mr. Gallant

"I've been dreaming of a true loves kiss," I sang into a bottle of hairspray as twirled around in the salon chair.

"And I've been dreaming of dick, but you don't hear me singing about it," Gallant chuckled as he stopped me from spinning, "Now be still before I end up cutting off too much."

"Sorry," I apologized as I sat up straight and placed the bottle back onto Gallant's station. I stared into the mirror and watched as the white-haired man clipped my ends.

The salon had been closed for a little over an hour now. All the other workers had already cleaned their stations and went home. Gallant and I on the other hand stayed a little longer as we did almost every night, talking, gossiping, and enjoying each other's presence. Not many people are lucky enough to work with their best friend, but thankfully I am.

"You sure are excited about this date," Gallant smiled as he reached over for the comb, "So who's the lucky fellow?"

"His name is Erik," I swooned, "I met him at the library and he was so sweet. He's got beautiful, emerald green eyes. Long black hair and..."

Before I could finish, I began to laugh as I watched Gallant's face contort into a disgusted look, "The library? You met him at the library? Ew." He shook his head.

"What's wrong with the library,"  I asked.

"Kinda boring if you ask me," Gallant shrugged, "What does he do for a living?"

"He's a doctor," I boasted, "A heart surgeon, might I add."

Gallant's eyes widened, "A doctor. Does he have any doctor friends," Gallant asked enthusiastically as she spun me to face him, "I'll even take an RN."

"I'll be sure to ask and put in a good word," I chuckled as I stood out of the chair and brushed off any excess hair that was on my shoulder, "But I don't think Evie would like you  to be with an RN, you know she's choosy."

"Ugh," Gallant groaned as he and I walked to my receptionist desk, "Don't remind me. She keeps trying to set me up on dates with nuisances. Can you believe she hosted a dinner party just to find a man for me? Like what is this...the 1700s?"

"Good ol' Evie," I laughed as grabbed my purse, "You gotta love her and thanks love for the trim. I will be sure to update you on how it turned out."

"No problem babe," Gallant said, "Remember I want details and JUICY ones."

We gave each other air kisses before I headed out the door to my car.

________________________________

1 hour later

I drove up to the front door of the apartment complex with tears in my eyes. The date went terribly. He was selfish and self-centered. Erik only talked about himself and how much money he had; he wouldn't even let me order my food because he claims that I need to change up my diet. Fucking asshole. I quickly hopped out of my car and ran up to the buzzer. I pressed the button repeatedly until a voice finally came through.

"Hello," Gallant's voice groaned from the buzzer speaker, "Who is it?"

I sobbed into the speaker, "It's Y/n."

"I'm buzzing you up right now," Gallant yelled quickly as I heard the sound that let me know the complex door had been unlocked.

I opened the door and headed towards the fancy elevator. I pressed the button to Gallant's floor and tried to wipe away my tears as they fell. The elevator doors open to reveal Gallant standing in the middle of the hallway. He had his arms opened and a box of tissues in his hand.

"Come here," He sighed.

I ran into his arms and sobbing. I needed a hug.

"Y/n, I know your sad and everything," Gallant chuckled, "But this is real Gucci and I would appreciate it if you didn't get snot and tears on it."

"I hate you," I laughed as we let go of each other.

"I love you too," Gallant smiled, "Now come inside, I've got a gallon of our favorite ice cream and a Netflix account that's just screaming for us to watch RomComs."

I nodded my head, "Thanks, Gallant. Why can't all men be like you?"

Gallant smiled, "Because I'm to die for. The world can't handle me. If it could I wouldn't be single and neither would you. Remember that."