The New Prophet pt. 2 -Kai Anderson

"I know you're all wondering what's so important that I had to wake everyone," Kai yelled as he paced back and forth.

The room was silent. Everyone stood and listened to Kai as he went on another tangent. I tried to keep my eyes open. I scanned around the room at my new 'family' as Kai had called them. I only knew one person in the group- and that was, of course, Winter. I did recognize the anchorwoman, who went viral; the lesbian couple that owned the restaurant Kai and I always went to; and Meadow. They were just as exhausted as I was. Kai had an urgent message, so he woke everyone up at 2 am and demanded that we all attended the meeting.

Kai scoffed as he looked around at everyone, "Look at you all, you can barely keep your heads up. Sleep is for the weak," Kai yelled.

"No, it's not," I shouted back.

"Are you saying that I'm wrong, little lamb," Kai asked as he glared in my direction.

"First of all," I started, "Don't call me your little lamb. You aren't Mary- and I don't follow you everywhere you go. Second of all, Kai, it's 2 am. People have jobs, some even have kids, and that requires energy that is being taken away due to this bullshit ass meeting. You haven't even gotten to the point."

The rest of the members looked shocked, except Winter, who tried to hold back a giggle. Kai shot me a quick smile as he chuckled.

"Everyone- I would like to introduce you to our newest and most valuable member, Y/n," Kai introduced me to the others, "Y/n and I disagreed. She doesn't like how I run the cult. She believes she could do it better with a more pacifist route. So we made a deal. I am stepping down from my role as a leader."

The group gasped upon hearing those words exit Kai's lips. They surely were awake now.

"Worry not, my little lambs, this will only be temporary," Kai continued, "You all will be under her leadership. I will be her co-leader, and you must do what she says, or else I will..."

I cut him off, "You will do absolutely nothing. If I'm the leader, I make the decisions. If I have an issue, I will deal with it myself."

Kai rolled his eyes and sighed. "Fine," he groaned," I won't harm any of you unless I'm told."

"I'm not about to listen to a girl, " said a male voice.

A bunch of the other men shouted out in agreeance. The cult's gender ratio was extremely divided. The other girls rolled their eyes in disgust at the men's reaction. Kai gave me an intrigued look as he walked past and softly whispered into my ear.

"What are you going to do, " his soft lips pressed against my ear. Shivers went down my spine as his breath hit my neck.

I lightly pushed him away. He was trying to overwhelm me- and it was not going to work. Kai backed away and stood with the other men. I watched as they roared and chanted against me.

"No one on the earth has to listen to me, " I shrugged, "When you are dead, you don't have to listen to me. You are alive- and a part of my cult meaning will obey every word I say. If you want to be trapped in a void of never-ending silence for being completely selfish and turning your back on your family, that's up to you. If you would rather die than listen to what I have to say- that could easily be arranged."

The same men who were against me now stood there and listened to my every word in silence. Fear plastered upon each one of their faces. What can I say- I learned from the best. A smirk crept onto Kai's face as he began to bite his lip.

"Why so quiet, " I mocked them, "You all are so attentive for men who refused to listen to a girl. I believe the phrase is cat got your tongue, but in this case, it's someone with a cat who's got your tongue. From now on- you will treat everyone in this cult with respect, especially the ladies."

The girls all cheered. Oh, how the tables had turned. By the look on Kai's face, he was enjoying it.

"There will be new rules in this cult, " Kai proceeded, "I expect you all to follow them or else."

I shot a wink in his direction.

"The meeting is over, " I sighed, "You may all leave and remember Kai may haunt your dreams, but if you piss me off, I will be your never-ending nightmare. Sleep tight, lamb chops."

Kai and I watched as everyone else headed upstairs. I took a deep breath after the last person exited and heard the door close.

"That went better than I expected, " I smiled.

I was caught off guard as Kai grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him, forcing us to look at each other face-to-face.

"That was the sexiest thing I've ever seen, Y/n," Kai groaned.

"Well, you'll see it again later tonight," I kissed him on the cheek, "In your dreams because I'm going to bed."

I pulled away from him and walked towards our bedroom.

"Night, night. Snow White," I said as I locked the door behind me. Sleep is for the weak indeed- and I am a deer in the headlights of the moon.