Shortcuts Pt. 4

The sound of birds and beeping monitors woke me up. I rose from the bed and stretched as I looked around the room. I almost forgot we were at the hospital- I was confused as Kyle was gone. I began to freak out.

"Kyle," I shouted.

"I'm in here," he shouted back.

I sighed out of relief. I don't know why. I was so worried that something had happened to him. I almost felt like I was about to cry. Hearing his voice through that bathroom door calmed me down instantly.

"Oh, thank God," I sighed, "You're okay. I was about to freak out."

"Yeah, don't get too excited yet," he said, "You might hate me after this. I need your help in here."

The thoughts that went through my head were not PG-13. I genuinely hoped he didn't have to wipe the shit from his ass. Sure, we had gotten close, but not that close.

I walked into the bathroom ready to be traumatized- and I was; Kyle had no clothes on.

"Ahh," we both yelled.

I ran out of the bathroom immediately. I had seen more than I needed to see, and it was more than I expected.

"Jesus, Kyle," I said, 'You weren't going to give me a heads up that you were naked."

"I didn't think you would just barge in," Kyle defended, "I was gonna throw a towel around me when you announced you were coming in."

"What do you need help with, Kyle," I insisted.

"I need you to help me take a shower," he said, "This cast kind of makes it hard to stand straight."

"So, regardless, I was going to see your dick," I stated, "Would you rather have stripped the towel off and done a grand reveal- and aren't you supposed to wait for a little before you can shower?"

"Yeah, but I found a loophole," he said, "As long as I keep my cast out of the water, I'm great. You only have to position my leg toward you and try not to look down. Sorry, I don't like feeling dirty."

At least he was a man that cared about being clean. I took a long deep breath as I walked back into the bathroom.

"Kyle, do not look me directly in the eyes."

____________________________________

Kyle and I sat and watched Regular Show in silence. Neither of us wanted to discuss the embarrassment that had conspired- mainly when I slipped and had been slapped on the fall down. Although, I would have rather preferred to be hit by his hand.

"Is your forehead okay," he asked.

"Fuck you," I answered.

"Got it," Kyle understood, "If it does help- your forehead isn't as red anymore, plus you can barely see the outline."

"Do you tell that to every girl you've ever slapped in the face with your balls," I scoffed.

"Nope, usually they don't get sympathy," he smiled.

I stood up and walked to the door immediately. I don't know what it was about him. One minute, he's the sweetest man ever. Any other time, he makes me want to lose my shit.

"Wait- where are you going," he asked.

"I'm going to see when you can be discharged so you can get the fuck away from me for the rest of the day," I admitted.

"By the way, I was joking," he started, "You're the first to get slapped- wait, where are you going."

____________________