Stepbrother 18+- Tate Langdon

Surprises are one of the greatest wonders because it's never known what you'll get. It could be something you've always wanted or never knew you needed. But the element of surprise wasn't always joyous because when my best friend's father got re-married, she lost her marbles. Of course, most kids aren't too fond of their parents getting hitched to someone else; she was angrier that her father never told her about the relationship and made her move in with the woman.

The house I pulled up to was too grand to describe. She informed me about her new home being bigger but neglected to mention it's a manor, but as beautiful as the building looked, the aura of the place was unusual. My energy drained out of my body the closer I got to the front door. It radiated negativity, and I wanted to turn back, but I promised my friend that I would stop by and visit during class. I couldn't break a promise. I knocked on the door and waited, but the more I stood out there, the more I felt eyes on me. A cute blonde boy opened the door.

"Can I help you," he asked.

Damn. I couldn't get a hello. Where the hell is your hospitality?

"Oh well, hi. I was looking for Jenny. Is she here," I interrogated.

"Not yet," the boy answered. 

He closed the door in my face, leaving me with one question. Who the fuck was he, and why the fuck was he not in my drawers yet? I knocked on the door again.

"What do you want," the boy asked.

"Don't you think it's rude to shut doors in people's faces," I suggested.

"I don't know you," he acknowledged.

"Yeah, but still," I responded.

He slammed the door this time. I knocked harder and harder until he swung the door open completely.

"What," he exclaimed.

"Hi, my name is Y/n," I greeted.

"Well, hi Y/n. I didn't ask," he returned.

"Aw, you said my name, so you do know me. Don't ever slam a fucking door in my face again," I asserted.

The boy attempted to shut the door again, but I put my foot in the doorway so it wouldn't close. I smiled as I pushed the door open and walked into the house. It was bigger than it looked on the outside. Jenny left out too many details about her new life, and we needed to talk about it because she never told me about whoever opened that door- she also failed to mention me to him. I saw what she was trying to do, but it failed.

"You can't just walk into people's houses uninvited," he declared.

"Oh, I figured since you could slam a door in my face- manners didn't apply here. Besides, I was getting cold outside," I replied.

He rolled his eyes and slammed the door behind him.

"God, you're more annoying than my step-sister. It makes sense that you two are friends," he stated.

I should've figured he was related to her new stepmother. I never saw the new mom before, but if this was her son, I needed to see where he came from. No wonder her father didn't want to tell her and let her ruin his relationship. That woman was blessed.

"Jenny never warned me she had a new brother. This is news to me," I announced.

"Yeah, she's got a sister and another brother too. She never told me that she had an irritating ass friend," he mocked.

"Aw, you think that insults hurt my feelings! Cute- and hey, I wasn't trying to be an asshole. I was trying to say that you're hot," I teased.

He looked surprised but said nothing and walked up the steps. I would have to wait for her to get home, which shouldn't be too long. I assumed she was in cheerleading practice, and they'd usually finish quicker than a virgin in a strip club, but until then, I wanted to annoy her new stepbrother.