Biggest Regret Pt. 2

I grabbed my suitcase from the baggage claim and headed towards the airport exit. I couldn't believe that I was going to do this, but I felt like I needed to.

'Welcome to Roanoke'

The sign practically haunted me as the cab passed by it. I scrolled through socials looking at memorial posts people had made in honor of the deaths of everyone who went to Roanoke. Today was the 4th anniversary of the tragedy. Pictures of the cast flooded my timeline. I couldn't escape the faces of Monique, Shelby, Matt... Rory. Rory. Every time I saw his face or heard his name it hurt me. A tear streamed down my cheek as I replayed my last words to him.

'I hope I never see you again!"

Goddamn, it, Y/n, why'd I say that to him? I know I was mad and I thought I meant it, but now I realized that I didn't and now it's too late. I decided to pay my respects to him, but differently. I was on my way to the Roanoke manor at that very moment. Most people don't believe in ghosts, but I did and I believed that Rory was still there. He had to be. If what the world was told is true every ghost should be there tonight especially with tonight being the night of the Blood Moon.

"This is as far as I can go, ma'am, " the cab driver announced as she stopped the car, "You're going to have to find some other way to get to the manor. It's the law especially on this holiday."

I nodded my head at the driver, "I understand."

I sighed as I opened the cab door.

"Thank you very much, " I thanked her.

"No problem- wait a minute, " the girl gasped, "You're Y/n L/n, the actress. I loved you in that movie you did with Rory Monahan..."

She stopped herself from continuing.

"I'm sorry for your loss, " she gave her condolences.

I nodded my head at her. Before I could step foot out of the car she stopped me.

"Fuck the law, " she said to me, "I'm not letting you walk alone in that big ass forest. I'll drive you down there myself. It's the least I could do for you."

"Are you serious, " I smiled, "Thank you."

"No need, " she insisted.

I closed the cab door and took a deep breath. At least I could arrive quicker now as if that was a good thing.

"Hey, I don't mean to pry, " the girl spoke, "But I'm curious on why are you going there, specifically on a night like this."

"I want to see him again, " I admitted to her, "The last time we spoke I said something that I wish that I could take back every day. Something I didn't mean. I told him I never wanted to see him again, but my wish came true and I've regretted it ever since."

"Wow, bitch move, " she shook her head, "But I can't judge. I told my ex that I loved him, then I married his father. Little did I know that when he died I would be in charge of his cab service and little did I also know he drove his cabs."

"Wait how old are you, " I asked her.

"I turn 23 next week, " She answered, "The names Freya, by the way. Being a sugar baby was not what I thought it would be. I still have to work. I hate it here."

I chuckled at her. She was honest, to say the least.

"Oh shit, we're here, " she gasped.

The car drove closer to Manor. Chills filled my body at the sight of the place.

"I've never been this close to it, " Freya admitted, "It's creepier than I thought."

"Couldn't have said it any better myself, " I agreed.