Sweet, but Psycho Pt.5

Tate and I hopped in his car and left; Tate's parents wouldn't be back anytime soon, so we decided that now was the perfect time to run away and disappear- from his house.

He was bored to death, and I suggested we do something to make today not as dull; I wouldn't call it a date, but we wanted to go out and show each other our favorite spots.

Not those spots... I wish!

We weren't the only two; I did not want to leave Adelaide home alone because I knew Tate would lose his shit and worry about her all day; plus, I did not mind her presence since she was my new sister. Plus, I promised to buy her more make-up since she caught me making out with a picture of her brother; she was a future spy, and you could never hear her when she entered the room. 

"Tate, how much longer do we have to drive," she complained.

Addie had nagged Tate since we stepped foot in the vehicle, and I thought it was hilarious- brother mode was on full activation as he was visibly annoyed.

"Addie, can you drive," Tate asked.

"No, but if you put me behind the wheel, I'd probably move faster than you," Addie teased, "Speed up, Grandma Langdon."

I giggled as I watched him turn around and throw a wrapper at Addie. I laughed even harder when I realized it was a Werther's caramel candy wrapper. Tate smiled as he looked at me.

"What's so funny, Y/n," Tate asked.

"You just threw the most grandma candy at her," I chuckled, "Where'd you get that from church?"

Tate rolled his eyes and brought them back to the road as Addie laughed. He could act like we were getting on his nerves, but his smirk in the rearview mirror showed otherwise.

"You two can walk, you know," he joked, "Here. I'll play some music so the time will pass."

Tate turned the radio to the first rock station he found and nodded his head as Blondie's 'One Way or Another' blared through the speakers. I laughed as I saw Addie start to dance in the seat behind me.

"I love this song," Addie exclaimed, "Don't you, Y/n?"

"Hell yeah," I answered, "It's one of my favorites."

"I heard it's based on a true story," Tate chimed in, "Deborah Harry wrote it from the perspective of her stalker. Just listen."

One way or another. I'm gonna find ya

I'm gonna meet ya. Meet ya. Meet ya. Meet ya.

One way, or another, I'm gonna win ya. I'll get ya. I'll get ya.

My smile faded as I stared at the road. I was not fond of the atmosphere created in the car.

"That's creepy," Addie said, "I'd be terrified if I had a stalker."

"It's some pretty crazy shit," Tate joked, "I won't lie, though, I wouldn't mind if my stalker was a hot girl, though."

From the side of my eye, I could have sworn that Tate looked at me while he said that. I continued to keep my attention on the road.

"By all means, she could break into my room anytime," he laughed, "No permission necessary."

"You're so stupid," Addie sighed, "What about you, Y/n? Would you be creeped out if you had a stalker?"

"Not really," I answered, "I already have one."

The tire screeched as Tate stepped on the brakes. I was thankful we were the only car on the road.