Young and Beautiful Pt. 2 18+

The most evil criminal in the world was the person who created fairytales. A false narrative of a happy ending with Prince Charming in a world where everything glittered to me was an absolute con. I'd stood by that notion since I was an adolescent. Many people never comprehended my conviction and mocked me since then. Although my belief never altered, marrying the man who'd made my life feel like a dream almost made me see where they came from.

The world felt hallucinatory with him, but not because he would buy me every jewel in the world if asked. James, as a whole, was indescribable. He carried himself with pride and wisdom. Every man aspired to be him and every woman wished they were me. The man was so handsome that he'd turned the heads of celebrities who entered our hotel. He'd laugh when the suggestion of pursuing an acting career came up. Depriving his charm of the world seemed evil. He adored that. James had blood lust; evil enthralled him. He'd torment every human given the chance, and even every ghost. James was the darkness; he lurked around every corner, searching for his next life to claim. To me, he was the light.

Our wedding would be the talk of the realm for decades to come. James created an absolute wonderland in the building where we met and fell in love. Our home. Our hotel. Amongst all the happiness, fear grew inside of me of what would soon become. The fright of what would occur with no one else around haunted me. My life wasn't what I feared losing. He'd made me nervous during the reception; his teeth rubbed against my skin as he stripped off my garter with his mouth. It almost sent me into a panic. My blood pressure rose higher than the Statue of Liberty and my heart pounded like an African drum.

Tension expanded inside me during the reception speeches. James' hand rested on my thigh underneath the table as our loved ones congratulated and wished fortune on our marriage. I attempted to focus on their thoughtful words, but his hand rubbed against my thigh. A shiver rushed up my spine. I desired to believe he was oblivious to what he'd done to me, but I knew my new husband too well. He wore a grin on his face. Many would believe he was reacting to their kind speeches. They couldn't be more mistaken. James' hand would've trailed farther if Miss Evers had one too many before her speech.

The inebriated housekeeper stumbled with her glass as she stood at the table. She had slurred her before she could even speak.

"I never thought another woman would be fit for James but me," she hiccuped.

Everyone's jaw dropped, but none reached the depth mine had. I adored Hazel Evers; she'd been a wonderful housekeeper for the hotel and even helped James cover his tracks. But I couldn't lie, as our first encounter was unusual. She fell in love with James after he hired her and was smitten with the idea that they were soulmates. She alleged she was the one he needed to be with, followed by the claim that he'd confessed his love to her in another life. James wanted to send her to Looney Bin, but I insisted she needed a friend and a man. Still, she had no husband, but I'm proud to call myself her friend.

"I was his everything; his cook, cleaner, and even his shoulder to cry on in another life," she babbled.

James looked like he regretted not contacting the asylum, and the way this stunt was going, I questioned whether I should've convinced him not to.

"Then I got to know Y/n. She struts her stuff around the hotel. 'Oh no, these curtains don't match the carpet,' 'Oh no, we need more toilet paper,' 'Oh no, I burned the souffle,'" she mimicked me." I've never burned a souffle."

Hazel's voice cracked crack as she sobbed.

"But I've never seen him this happy," she cried.

Everyone sighed in relief, especially James, who looked like he wanted to kill her before.

"She cooks, she cleans, she's sweet, and she's more than I expected," Hazel slurred. "I'm sure you don't know, but his last wife- a complete harlot."