Daddy's Girl - Jimmy Darling

Imagine: You're a female mechanic who's in charge of your father's shop while he's away.
Y/d/n- Your Dad's name

The business has been extremely slow ever since my dad went on vacation. It seems like no one wants to come around anymore and those who do leave because men don't trust a woman to fix their cars. It's toxic masculinity for me. Crash into a ditch then since you don't want your brakes fixed, Charles. The other workers even quit yesterday because they don't wanna be bossed around by a girl. So it's been quiet around here, day after day of silence and me occasionally cussing out some sexist douche. The sound of a motorcycle roared violently nearby and not in a good way. Another customer is about to be banned. Fantastic...

The little bell rang as the door opened and a very handsome man began to make his way toward my desk. He looked around as if he was looking for someone.

"Hey Doll," the man said as he leaned his on my desk, "The names Jimmy. Jimmy Darling." Taking off his hat, he placed it on the desk to reveal his brown, greaser-styled hair. He reached his hand out to greet me. I shook his hand. "So where's y/d/n," the man asked, "My bike outside needs a little tuning up and he's the only mechanic I know who can do the job."

"Sorry to break it to ya, handsome," I said as I stood up, watching his eyes as they looked my body up and down, biting his lip, "But he's on vacation, so he left me in charge. So I'm the only one available because everyone else quit."

"Really," he laughed, "You're gonna fix my motorcycle."

"Yeah, is there a problem," I scoffed as I folded my arms, "Lemme guess you want a "Real Man" to fix it instead because "girls can't be mechanics." Am I right?"

Jimmy leaned off of the desk and snickered, "I'm guessing it's been a rough day for ya, huh?"

"Try a rough week," I said as I slammed back into my chair, "Do you know how it feels to be turned away or to not be given a chance because of how you look?"

Jimmy began staring at his hands. He was wearing gloves for some reason. Kinda weird since it's the middle of Summer. "I think I kind of have an idea of how you're feeling," he responded frowning a little, "Here." He handed me the keys to his bike.

"What's this for," I asked him as began playing with his keys.

"If you're going to fix my bike, I'd trust that you know that you need the keys," Jimmy chuckled.

I slipped off of my chair onto the floor after trying to stand back up and slipping on a pencil that had fallen under my desk. "Wait- you're trusting me to fix your car," I gasped as I stood up.

Jimmy's eyes lit up, "I am, but are you okay, Doll? That fall looked kinda painful."

"Imma big girl, I can handle myself," I insisted as I brushed off my clothes, "We've got more important issues to attend to."

A few hours later...

"Alright, this beauty is now fixed," I said to Jimmy as I wiped the dirt off of my hands and onto my hand towel.

Jimmy walked over to the bike and sat down as he stuck the key in the ignition. He turned the key to find that his bike didn't sound like a dinosaur giving birth anymore. "It sounds like it did when I first got it," he shouted.

"Told ya, I could handle it," I boasted. Not to say I told him so, but I did. "Never judge a book by its cover. I'm a daddy's girl fixing things is in my blood."

"Daddy's girl," Jimmy questioned before coming to some sort of realization, "Y/d/n is your dad? That explains a lot."

I raised an eyebrow, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Oh, nothing bad," Jimmy shook, "You're just very outspoken like him and a hell of mechanic like him too. I'm coming to you next because I need a tune-up instead. Thank you." He handed me his payment, it was more than he owed. "I added a little extra, Doll. You deserve it."

"Thank you, that means a lot," I blushed, "Oh, and by the way, I'm Y/n. Y/n L/n."

"Just beautiful," He smirked, "I wanna thank you again for fixing my bike. How about I take you out?"

"I would like that," I continue to blush, "I'm closing up right now anyway since no one else is gonna accept my services. So we can go now if you want."

"Just hop on the back of my bike and hold on," Jimmy instructed me.

As I was told, I hopped on the bike behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist. He smelled so good.

"So where do you wanna go doll," Jimmy asked me.

"I've always wanted to go to the Freak Show, but the tickets are always selling out," I sighed, "I don't think we could get in."

"Trust me, Doll," Jimmy snickered, "I can get us into the freak show." He turned his head to wink at me.

"You wanna know something funny," I continued, he nodded his head, "I always wanted to see the Freak Show see the infamous Lobster Boy. They say he's the most handsome man you'll ever see, but I think with you around, he might have a little competition,"  I said as I laid my head on Jimmy's shoulder.

"Maybe..."