Couple's Therapy -Tate Langdon

Author's Note: I don't know why, but when I wrote this story. I forgot about professionalism and just started writing in the same manner I speak and think in my day-to-day life(minus a particular 'n' word that I say due to my melanin proficiency) and how I personally would act in this situation. I hope y'all enjoy it- and I'm thinking about going back to actual therapy. Love you guys.

'Skip school tomorrow. I'll leave my window open so you can sneak in.' 

Those were the words from the phone call that got me killed for multiple crimes I did not commit. I had no idea that while sitting in Tate's room, he'd run in with guns and admit to me the crimes he'd just committed. Then to make it all worse, dying at the hands of fucking S.W.A.T because Tate's dumbass wanted to go out like Rambo. For God knows how long, I've been trapped in this dull house, stuck in limbo with this idiot, and he has the nerve to cry over it. Not to mention the annoying 'You're all that I want' and 'You're all that I have.' Sir, that was cute when we were younger. We're grown now, even though we don't age. That shit does not work with me anymore. Get the fuck out of my face.

Calling me angry was an understatement, and whatever darkness Tate claimed possessed him hasn't shown its ass ever since I died; Tate thinks it's because it's scared of me. Bitch, it should be because when I find out who the fuck, besides Tate, put me into this predicament. Oh, I'm on that ass. I don't care if it's Satan or Cthululu, somebodies getting beat the fuck up. Viciously. And I'm already dead, so the rounds will be endless because they have me so fucked up. How the hell do you cause all that chaos just to disappear like a bitch? In that case, if you were going to do all that, you could've stayed your ass at home, wherever that is- the underworld? And left Tate the hell alone. I'd still be alive.

I'd lost track of how long we'd been in this place. The only time I remember is when a new family buys the house. Thankfully, a new family had moved in, and they have a daughter around my age. I'm not going to lie- she's cute. She's got a pretty name too. Violet Harmon. Now, I'm not a people person, hence why I was with Tate's deranged ass, but I genuinely think she and I could be friends. She isn't the smartest, though. Tate and I will randomly appear in and out of the house, and she doesn't even question it. She never even hears a door open or shut, but people are coming in and out of your home, and you haven't put the puzzle pieces together yet- couldn't be me. If I were her, I would've been moved... let me stop lying because if it were my first time seeing Tate. I would've stayed cause he was too fine, but he's taken, so she needed to chill. Listen, Tate may be a man who ain't shit, but that's my man that ain't shit. Call me Boo Boo the Fool if you want. Give me a clown nose, and I'll squeeze that motherfucker. I don't care. I'm Julius Ceasar because for him I'll go to war.

 I walked upstairs to Tate's old room- or Violet's new room- even though she'd been here for some months, I still found it hard to call it hers. I knocked lightly on her door. Smiling, she opened the door. She seemed too happy to see me.

"Hey, Y/n," she said, "I'm glad you're here. I have someone I'd like you to meet."

Confused, I walked into the room and saw the guy of dreams and nightmares, but I don't have those anymore because, thanks to this particular guy, I'm a deceased individual. I smacked my lips so loud after seeing him and closed Violet's door behind me. Tate walked toward me with a mischievous smile. I wasn't stupid. I knew what game he was trying to play. Violet had no clue that either one of us was dead, so by pretending that he didn't know me, he tricked Violet into forcing me to speak with him, knowing that I wouldn't disappear or tell him to go away because I didn't want to scare her off since she was the first friend I'd made since 1994. He'd trapped me in a couple's therapy. He knows me so well. That's my man for real.

"Um, wait, do you two already know each other," Violet asked.

I nodded my head in response. Tate used this moment to hug me for the first time since I don't know how long. I won't lie- I almost let my guard down. I almost started singing 'Dangerously in Love' by Beyoncé in my head. I forgot which family brought that CD into this house, but I sure did steal that motherfucker. What else was I going to do? Go to the music store? I'm a ghost, and even during Halloween, I don't have any money. Besides, the last time I left this house, I had to fight five of my old classmates because of Tate- and do you know what Tate did? He ran. Baby Boy can shoot like a veteran, but when it's time for hand-to-hand combat, he does the dash like Flo Jo. Gold medal speed. You're not catching Tate, and I know because after I got my ass whooped, I ran after him. In death, all your sickness disappears, but I could've sworn my asthma came back around chasing him.

"Violet, this is my boyfriend," I said to her.

"Wait, so are you saying we're still together," Tate questioned.

I rolled my eyes at him. The first thing he asked was the stupidest question so far. 

"Throughout all the time that we've been together, have I ever said point blank, 'Tate, I'm breaking up you' or anything along the lines of that," I asked him.

"No," he answered.

"That's what I thought," I responded, "Even though you didn't get the memo. Cheater."

Tate released me from his arms, and I stepped back from him. He could act stupid if he wanted, but he knew. Mrs. Harmon was downstairs waddling like a penguin because of Tate or Dr.Harmon. Then Tate is smiling in Violet's face. She doesn't even know that her little sibling has a strong chance of being her friend's baby. He didn't just betray me, but he betrayed her too. You slept with this girl's mother and tricked her into helping you work things out between us. That's some nasty work.

"Oh, a lot is going on here," Violet commented.

"Yep, because he likes to play silly games and win silly prizes," I declared, "By the way, how's your mother's pregnancy?"

I looked at Tate after asking that question. From that moment on, he tried not to look at me because he knew he fucked up. He was too busy thinking with his dick to remember I'm like Santa Claus. I'm always watching and never have anything better to do but be in other people's business. He did me so wrong; the whole house knows, too, from the Black Dahlia to Moira to Mr.Montgomery. His daddy knows; Hugh is walking around saying he is proud of his son for once. I am mad, and I'm embarrassed.

"It's going well- wait, how do you know about that," she asked.

"Y/n, I'm sorry, and I get that you're mad, but please forgive me," Tate interrupted, "I wasn't thinking about how it would affect you. I just wanted to help Nora get a baby."

"I wanted a baby, but you know, I'll never have the satisfaction due to specific reasons you caused," I replied, "But, I've been thinking, since you didn't care enough about what if I flipped the switch."

I wanted to get under his skin; I wanted him to experience the same anger since he made me more of a fool than I already was. I've let this man get me killed for no reason. I got jumped because of him- but I won't lie, I held my own while Tate took off. And now he's slept with an older woman and got her pregnant. He needed to cry or something. I can't be the only one in this relationship to suffer like this.

"Think about this. The woman you cheated with- her husband is fine, and we all know that he likes them younger. I'm 18. I'm legal to him," I said.

"Y/n, you're being immature," he argued, "I wasn't trying to hurt you. I had a reason."

"Well, that's too damn bad because I have a reason too," I continued, "I want a baby. Now, somehow and in some way, you got that lady pregnant. It's a miracle. How would you feel if me and her husband tried to achieve the same goal?"

Tate's turned redder than a baboon's butt, which was fitting because he was an asshole.

"Are you trying to tell me something," Tate questioned.

"No, because if I wanted to, I respect their kid so much, and I'd never want to hurt her," I said, "Plus, I don't need your stupid ass killing her father."

"You two need to sit down and chat with my dad. He's a licensed therapist," Violet said, "He's Tate's therapist, ironically."

"He's not doing a good job," I declared, "But I'd love to meet Dr. Harmon, nonetheless."

Violet exited the room, leaving me and Tate to have a staredown. No matter the anger or rage I felt toward him. I still loved this manipulative, evil douchebag and did want to work things. Maybe it's because I didn't have any other options since I was dead, or it's because I was in love. Something told me it was the second option.

"You're being very childish, Y/n," Tate declared.

"Oh, bite me."