Boy Genius- Seth Wosmer

I ran down the steps after my mom called out for me. She was extremely excited about today as we had just moved into the neighborhood a few weeks ago, and parties were her specialty. Which made sense- she was a professional event planner. She paced back and forth in our living room. She was on edge.

"Ma," I said, "Are you alright? You seem a little antsy over there."

She turned to look at me with a fake smile. Whenever she was anxious, she would smile like she was having crack withdrawals. It was weird, kind of hilarious, but weird.

"Of course," she squealed, "I'm great. Why wouldn't I be, Y/n?"

"You look like you'd ask me for a dollar at the gas station only to call me broke for not having one," I started, "What's up for real?"

"How do you feel about boys, Y/n, " she asked.

I stared at her. My dad had to have put her up to this. He was extremely overprotective of me.

"I swear I was at the mall with Samantha yesterday," I started.

She cut me off abruptly.

"The Wosmers are bringing their son over for the party," she explained, "His babysitter canceled; I told them you wouldn't mind keeping him company. He's in your grade- you might know him-"

"Isn't the boy with the bowtie their son," I sighed.

She nodded her head. This was going to be interesting- especially since my dad swore he caught him staring at me when we first moved in. My dad ended up paying a visit to their house to tell them about their son can't control his hormones and ended up making friends. I have classes with him too, he was a cute nerd.

"Can I at least have a drink," I begged, "One shot?"

Fifteen minutes had passed, and I could already hear everyone downstairs having the time of their fucking lives. Lucky bastards. I was trapped in my room, forced to suffer watching Nickelodeon because I lost my tv remote. Timmy Turner had officially made me lose my marbles. A faint knock at my door drew my attention away from the television.

"Come in," I yelled at the door.

As my door swung open, the boy walked into my room. Yep, that was him.

"Hey, your mom sent me in here," he smiled nervously, "My name's Seth."

"Nice to meet you, Seth," I greeted, " I'm Y/n. Close the door, sit down, and make yourself at home. Mi casa es tu casa until you have to get the fuck out."

"Understandable," he nodded.

Seth closed the door and sat next to me on the bed. He was extremely close as I scooted away from him a bit. Personal space, I didn't know him like that. I turned to face the television, relieved that the show had changed to Jimmy Neutron.

"That's ironic," he asked, "We have science class together, don't we?"

"Yep, I suck at it," I chuckled, "I don't want to be a scientist anyways. How old are you, Seth?"

"Oh, I'm 16," he said as he stared at the television.

"Wow, you're old as hell," I chuckled.

"I'm not that old," He laughed, " Wait- how old are you?"

"I'm 15 and a half,"  I answered.

"You know that's technically 16, right," He smiled.

Offensive.

"Don't try to make me feel old like you," I giggled, "I still don't have to learn to drive yet, and legally no one can make me work. I'm living my best life. Thriving."