Room 78- James Patrick March

Your exes name- Y/e/n

"Don't touch me, asshole," I fussed at my ex-boyfriend as I carried my suitcase into the Hotel Cortez, "Why am I even here with you?"

Y/e/n sighed as he carried his bags, "Because we both agreed that we were going to try and work this out."

I burst into laughter- this caused the few people in the room to look in our direction. "No sir, you agreed to come here to try and work things out; I agreed to come here for a vacation. I'm not the one who cheated you are- and not once. Not twice. Not thrice. But four times."

"Shhh," y/e/n whispered, "People are staring."

I looked around at the unique people watching us. Two gorgeous women were by the bar, one making drinks while the other smoked a cigarette. A hot guy with a rock-star aesthetic stood by the elevator door. What a minute??? Isn't he a model? The missing one? He seemed to be whispering something about us to another woman who looked like she was still trapped in the 80s. And a small woman stood behind the reception desk. While they all looked interesting, only one of them really caught my attention. A black-haired man stood at the top of the staircase looking down on everyone. His dark eyes stared into my soul. Something about his stare made me feel warm inside. We stared at each other for God knows how long until Y/e/n waved his hand in my face. Of course, he has to ruin the moment.

"Earth to Y/n," he said, knocking me out of my trance, "What are you staring at?"

I looked at him and rolled my eyes. "I know you see that man," I hesitated.

"What man," he shook his head, "There's no man up there."

"Yes, there is," I said as I looked up, he was right. There was no man up there, "There was a man up there, Y/e/n, and I'd rather be looking at him than you."

"I'm gonna go get our room key," Y/e/n sighed as he walked over to the receptionist's desk, "Fucking bitch."

"I heard that asshole," I yelled as I made my way up to the bar.

I didn't want anything to drink. I just wanted to get as far away from him as possible. I sat my bag down and took a seat on one of the bar stools. The woman behind the bar quickly made her way over to me.

"Well you two sure know how to put on a show," she laughed as she looked at the other woman, "The names Liz Taylor. This is Elizabeth."

"The countess is what they call me also," Elizabeth said as he held up her drink and smiled.

"It's nice to meet you two. I'm Y/n," I greeted them.

"What would you like to drink, sweetheart," Liz said as she grabbed a glass.

"Do you have water," I shyly asked.

Liz and Elizabeth both shared a look before laughing.

"She's adorable," Elizabeth laughed, "I love her already,"

I smiled to myself. That comment made me feel a little happier.

"Same- I have a feeling you'll fit right in around here," Liz laughed, "One water coming right up!" She grabbed a bottle of water from a mini-fridge and handed it to me. "Is that all you want," she asked as she began to wipe the inside of some glasses.

"Um...no," I stuttered, "I actually have a question?"

"Ask away," Elizabeth insisted as she blew smoke from her mouth.

"Who was that guy staring at me from the top of the stairs a minute ago," I asked.

Elizabeth raised her eyebrow and looked at Liz with a smirk on her face.