Rumors - Kai Anderson 18+

Multiple people shared whispers and snuck glances at me while I entered the university cafe to meet my friends and discuss how we've survived; I had no idea I was the talk of the campus as a rumor had been spread about me, and although it was true, it followed with a lot of judgment and concern because of the other person involved. At a party from the night before, someone noticed I exited the bathroom with a particular person; a person brought fear into everyone's hearts and reigned nothing but chaos.

Kai was nothing of a calm person and was a known dope dealer with an odd take on the world;  he would often wreak havoc with his opinions because they were excessively radical and problematic- everyone had agreed that Kai was a psychopath, including me, but that weirdly drew me to him; his ambition was attractive, and even if he was delusional, he had character and the best weed. We'd spoken before, but I was always too shy to talk to him for too long. Last night, I took a risk and debated with him until we found common ground that he was out of his mind and that the bathroom was a quieter place to speak; after that, we learned his dorm was even better,

My two friends, Raini and Everest, occupied a table in the middle of the shop, but they were so into their conversation that they hadn't noticed me walk in; they had already ordered my drink.

"Hey guys," I greeted.

I sat at the table and noticed that their demeanors changed as they prepared to get answers. I couldn't believe the rumors had traveled through the study body, and it was all being blown out of proportion, and people acted as if they'd never heard of hookups before. Kai was the type to hit it once and disappear because women were merely distractions to him, so the whole dating narrative was extreme, and if Kai believed in commitment, I'd be shocked; he was the type to have a harem because 'that's what men deserve.'

"Well, if it isn't the celebrity," teased Raini.

I grabbed my drink and took a sip because if I didn't taste it now, I never would.

"We are not doing this today," I responded.

"Oh, we can't do this, but you can do him," Raini replied, "Cool."

I sucked my teeth at her statement. My frappe will melt by the time they stop their questionnaire.

"Oh, come on, Y/n," Everest remarked, "You know you want to talk about it?"

"About what," I lied, "I'm confused."

"Oh, fuck this," Raini said, "How was he? Good or Bad? Was he packing? I heard crazy guys have the best dick; that blood flow isn't going to their brain, so it's gotta go somewhere else."

"Was it romantic," Everest asked.

"Romantic," I joked, "There's no romance within that scenario."

"Well, I guess it depends on the person," Everest declared, "Kai never seemed like the romantic type."

"I wouldn't know," I answered.

"Were you high," Raini asked.

"When am I not," I admitted, "Sorry, but I don't know what you're talking about."

"Ugh, you're being complicated," Raini remarked.

"I can't believe it still," Everest admitted, "He walks around here like he's a God, but you managed to bring him to his knees."

"Why is that so hard to believe," I scoffed.

"You're too soft," both answered, "Jinx."

I rolled my eyes at their answer, but I couldn't say they weren't lying because  Kai was as shocked as they were. We were opposites: he was loud, eccentric, and radical, and I was timid, quiet, and avoided confrontation, but I'd shown him a different side in that restroom. It was the drugs. I become more relaxed and unhinged when stoned.