Roger That- Evan Peters

"Come on, Y/n, " Evan sighed, "Are you seriously dragging me into this?"

"Yes, I am, " I argued, "You're my best friend and what do best friends do?"

I dragged by his arm into a nearby bush. We were unnoticeable to everyone who passed. Good.

"Support their friends as they go through a bad breakup by staying at home and eating ice cream, " He answered.

"No, " I rolled my eyes, "They help spy on their best friend's exes. Now here."

I placed a walkie-talkie in his palm.

"His location says he's here somewhere, " I explained, "He's probably with her. Can you believe it? It's only been a month and he's already moved on."

"Yeah, that's what happens, " he nodded his head.

Evan thought I was losing my mind, but I wasn't. I peeped through the bushes at the on passing civilians walking past. None of them were our target. Where could he be?

"Well, while you sit in the bushes like a lunatic, " Evan stated, "I'm going to go get us some food."

"Did I order you to leave your position," I demanded, "Listen to your captain or your getting kicked out of the force and charged from betraying your country, well in this case kicked out of the group chat and I'm not going to buy your coffee every morning."

"Sorry, Lieutenant, " Evan shrugged, "But I'm going awol."

Evan exited the bush leaving me to suffer the pain of the rose thorns by myself.

"That's it. You've been kicked out of the force, " I screeched, "Bring me back some chicken nuggets."

Evan may have abandoned me at my post, but little did he know that his walkie-talkie was still on. I could hear everything and I mean EVERYTHING. I watched as he walked into the bathroom. What about my chicken nuggets?

"Goddammit, Evan, " he yelled at himself through the device, "Once again, you let Y/n drag you onto another dumbass goose chase. What the fuck is wrong with you- no. What the fuck is wrong with her?"

Excuse me-

"She's on some dumbass mission to chase after the no-good guys who treat her like shit, " Evan continued, "First, it was breaking into his house and hiding in his closet. Then, it was breaking into his car and hiding in his trunk. Now, we're in the bushes at the park. She's a fucking lunatic."

The feeling of rage overtook my body. All this time he felt like this, yet he never dared to say to my face. Before I could press the button to say how I felt, he took me completely by surprise.

"She's fucking crazy, but I fucking love her, " he sighed, "Why does she keep chasing after these no-good guys when I'm right here in her face every day, breaking my back to see her happy. I love her. Goddamn it, Evan, once again, you can't man up and tell her how you feel."

I couldn't speak. I was too busy in shock to find words. Evan shortly walked out of the bathroom and headed towards the parking lot. I sat in the bush still trying to process what I had just heard. I never thought that my best friend would ever be in love with me, better yet I didn't think would ever be in love with my best friend. Oh shit. I was in love with my best friend. I quickly hopped out of the bush and dashed toward him.

"Evan wait up, " I yelled to him as I tried to catch my breath.

This running shit was not for me. Now I see why Sha' Carri Richardson did what she did. I needed a blunt after that too. They should've let that girl run. Evan turned around and faced me.

"I know, I know, " he sighed, "Don't forget the chicken nuggets."

"Yeah and don't forget this," I smiled as I pulled him closer and kissed his lips, "If you liked me that much you should've told me."

Evan stared at me in complete shock as I grabbed his walkie-talkie from his hand and shook it in his face.

"Next time make sure you turn this off before you shit talk me," I chuckled as I pressed the button, "Or don't. I want to hear what other thoughts you have about me now."