A Friend in Need Pt. 3

I could feel myself stirring back into consciousness after what felt like forever. My head was pounding like a drum. My body was cold. I began to wonder how long I was out for, the feeling of strong winds brushing against my face encouraged me to look around. I opened my eyes and found myself lying on the grass. I was surrounded by trees, the sky was darkening; I was in the forest. It had been a while since I was last awoken.

I tried to move my arms and legs only to realize that I couldn't, being that they were strapped together with what felt like a zip tie. I began to squirm in an attempt to slip out of the restraints, but it was no use.

"Fuck, " I said under my breath.

The sound of crunching leaves seemed to get closer and closer from behind.

"I think she's waking up, " A girl's voice shrieked from behind me, "Oh gosh, I can't believe we've done this."

"Hey," a guy's voice fussed at her, "It's just until we get revenge."

"Is it really worth doing this," the girl argued, "Is kidnapping her really the best solution? She did nothing wrong? We should let her go-"

"He put a gun to my fucking forehead Chloe and I did nothing wrong," another guy shouted,   "I missed out on a full-ride scholarship at Georgia Tech, I could've played for the NFL if it wasn't for that jackass. You could've been a Dallas cheerleader and Kevin could have played in a rock band or something...I don't know."

"Kyle is right, " Kevin sighed, "I'm not one to condone this type of shit, but he said himself that he'd hate if she died anywhere away from his house. If we kill her, we break him."

My breath hitched as I listened to their conversation. Tate took their lives, so they were going to return the favor. An eye for an eye, right?

"I still think this is wrong, " Chloe continued to plead.

"You've got a big heart for someone who put a bullet in yours, " Kyle scoffed.

There was silence between the three as they continued to get closer. Tears streamed down my face as I struggled to break out of the zip ties. I didn't want to die- not like this at least. The three teens stood above me, two guys and one girl watching my every attempt to break away. The girl wore a blue and white cheerleader uniform with the familiar Westfield Wolverine in the front, stained with blood. A small hole opens near the picture, over her heart. One of the guys wore a varsity football jacket, he seemed to be angrier than the others. A bullet hole sat just above his eyes, from what I had heard, I assumed he was Kyle. The other boy wore a leather jacket, his arms folded as if he was ready for this all to be over and half of his face covered with blood.

"So you're lover boys newest eye candy, " Kyle smirked as he squatted down next to me, "Killing you is definitely going to break him."

He placed his hand on my jaw and lifted my chin to face the others.

"Look at her, " Kyle chuckled, "If I lost a face like that I'd go crazy too."

"Fuck you, " I cried as I snatched my face away from him.

"I'd watch what I say if I were you, princess, " he smirked, "Your life is on the line."

"Could you stop taunting her, " Chloe spat, "I'm sure she's already scared for her life."

"Well I was scared for mine, " Kyle growled, "Her boyfriend sure didn't care about that."