Tough Cookie 18+ - Jimmy Darling

Jupiter was not my ideal place to visit, but my mother forced me to stay with Gloria Mott and her son, Dandy. She wanted me to marry Dandy, so I'd spent every summer with the Motts to get to know him more. I'd gotten to know him alright. He was a spoiled, selfish beast, but he was wealthy, and that's all that mattered to my mother. I was sick of him. I wanted to pull out my hair and stick my scalp in a pot of scalding hot grease and die of shock from the excruciation and the pain rather than be around him.

The Freakshow had been bought out for the three of us. This made things worse because I would've run and sat by any other man for the rest of the night until the show ended just to be away from Dandy. I attempted to sit a few seats away from him, but he grabbed my arm and pulled me onto the chair by him. I couldn't wait for this show to end.

"Mother, what is taking the freaks so long? Y/n and I are bored," Dandy complained,

"I don't know, dear, but I will ask someone," Gloria replied.

"Hurry up them," he groaned.

The fact that his mother catered to the complaints of the spoiled man-child ground my gears. A 'please' could've sufficed, but instead, he was a total tool. Gloria stood from her seat to find a solution and left Dandy and me alone, and to say I was uncomfortable was an understatement.

"You know, Y/n, I've never taken a woman out before. Consider yourself lucky," he flirted.

He said that as if I asked to be here or as if he asked me out. Gloria asked if I would like to attend the show. I wasn't even aware that this was a date and only agreed to come so I wouldn't be trapped in a house with him anymore. At least in the outside world, I could run away. I ignored him and continued to stare at the stage; it was empty, and I was still more intrigued by it than the man beside me.

"Hello, Y/n. I'm talking to you. Speak," he demanded.

"You've done nothing but talk since I got here Dandy," I objected.

"Excuse me," he gasped.

"How about you stop talking for one second and watch the show," I suggested.

The irritation in his eyes couldn't be hidden as his face reddened. Honestly, I didn't care. It was the first week of summer, and every moment of it sucked so far because of him. Thankfully, Gloria took her seat and took his focus away from me.

Dandy and Gloria were excited as the opening act performed. I wanted to leave and barely watched the show until one person caught my eye, and it wasn't because of his abnormalities. Jimmy Darling walked onto the stage and gathered my full attention. I couldn't take my eyes off him and leaned forward in my chair. I almost fell out of it and caught my balance on Dandy's leg. Dandy thought it was an attempt to make a pass at him but soon realized that he wasn't the one that intrigued me. Throughout Jimmy's whole act, I gawked at him like a kid in a candy store and practically drooled, but the moment that made me almost faint was when he looked directly at me and smiled; I almost fainted when he flashed his dimples and winked at me.

Dandy blew a fuse as he watched what it was like when a woman was interested in you, and I was sure he had finally gotten the message. He couldn't even enjoy the show after Jimmy's act. Neither could I. I was eager to see Jimmy again- and seemingly too much as Dandy grabbed my arm and yanked me toward him. His harsh grip would be sure to cause a bruise, but it wasn't the worst thing he'd done to me; he broke my arm once and told me to get over it. Dandy was only the boss of his mother, and as usual, I would have to remind him of it.

"Um- excuse me, let me go," I demanded.

"We're leaving now. I will not repeat myself," Dandy declared.