Irreplaceable- Mr. Gallant

"You're about to be extremely mad at me," I proclaimed.

Gallant was not too fond of surprises as most of them pissed him off, especially when they came from me. I am a person who tends to act off of impulse and does things before I think- and what I'd done now definitely was not planned. He raised an eyebrow as he laid his arms out on his seat, tapping his fingers as he stared at me in shame, even before I could inform him what was happening.

"How did you fuck up this time," Gallant questioned.

I didn't speak a word because my actions were louder when I pulled out the little plastic baggie that held a pregnancy test from my back pocket and handed it to him. Positive. Gallant's side-eye game was unmatched as he snatched the bag from my hand and examined it. The disgust on his face was so powerful that even my feelings were hurt, which says a lot when you take into the narrative that my best friend, in front of me, was a ruthless bitch who gave me tough skin. Tough or not, at this moment, my skin was rice paper compared to the daggers being thrown from his direction with his eyes- but that didn't stop my smile.

"Please tell me you're joking," He begged, "You're not seriously pregnant, are you?"

I shook my head as rapidly as I waited for him to break out into excitement, but he never did. Instead, he leaned back into his chair, his face visibly annoyed and disappointed. My smile slowly faded.

"What the fuck, Y/n," Gallant scoffed, "How could you get pregnant? This isn't funny. "

"It's not a joke, Malcolm," I said as I began to cry, "And I thought you would be excited for me."

"First of all, don't call me that, and second of all, why the fuck would I be excited," Gallant scoffed, "You got knocked up. What's exciting about that?"

"Because best friends are supposed to be happy when their friends have a kid," I responded.

"Oh wow. Whoopty doo," Gallant mocked, "You know you will get fat, right? That won't be cute on you. I love you, but no."

I was shocked by his words. I had no way to respond. I could only shake my head at the person who seemingly was my best friend. He was just jealous that my ass would get bigger and I wouldn't need implants like some people, aka him...Don't tell him I told you that.

The silence was the only sound that could be heard from both of us.

"Who's the father," Gallant questioned.

"Jeff," I replied.

I rolled my eyes and looked in the opposite direction as Gallant sneered.

"No, seriously, Y/n," Gallant mocked, "Who's the father?"

"Jeff. Jeff Pfister," I repeated.

Here it goes. In three. Two. One.

"Oh, my god. Him of all people," Gallant stood up from his couch and started to march around the living room, "You have models, rockstars, and actors that cross your path daily. Yet you chose to get knocked up by a tech nerd with a bowl cut- who makes sex robots for a fucking living."

"Well, I just so happen to love that tech nerd," I defended.

Gallant stopped pacing and dramatically fell onto the floor. People say pregnant women are the moodiest and most dramatic... but they haven't met Gallant.