Model Citizen -Jeff Pfister

"I said I wanted extra creamer, you imbecile," Ms. Venable roared as she handed back the cup of coffee I had just brung her.

"Actually...you didn't," I retorted as I slid the cup back towards her on her desk, "You said that you wanted your coffee black. When I asked you if wanted extra creamer your exact words were, 'Fuck off.'"

The red-haired woman took her attention away from the computer and brought it to me. Her eyes burned into mine. "That's a lie," she declared, "I never said that."

"Yes, you did," I retorted. I folded my arms out of pure annoyance.

Standing up out of her chair, she grabbed the cup and tossed it in the nearby trash bin that she kept near her desk. "You don't have any proof," she smiled menacingly, thinking that the battle had been won. Little did she know that after one week of working for her, I had caught on to her game.

I pulled out my phone from my back pocket and unlocked it. She raised an eyebrow out of confusion; the sound of her clearing her throat caught my attention.

"What do you think you are doing," she questioned.

"Getting my proof," I replied as I began to play a voice recording from my phone of her saying how she wanted her coffee. I was right. I tried to contain a giggle as I watched her face contort into a shocked expression. She can play checkers all day, but I am playing chess.

Before she could say anything else, a tall blonde man walked into the room. "Venable, I need to speak to you about- who is this," the man asked as he looked at me.

"Michael, this is Y/n," the lady answered as she motioned toward me, "She's my newest intern."

I waved at the handsome man and silently greeted him.

"And my newest headache," Venable frowned.

"I have some Advil in my bag if you need any," I insisted.

The man chuckled, "She just got here, and she's driving you insane already. I like her."

"Thank you, Michael," I praised him, "It seems you are the only one who appreciates my talents."

"Y/n, I need to speak to Mr. Langdon in private, so if you don't mind," Ms. Venable sighed.

"You want me to fuck off," I said.

"Please and thank you," she responded. Finally taking a seat again.

"It was nice to meet you, Michael," I smiled as I made my way out of the door, "Call me when you need me, Ms. Venable."

God, I love agitating that woman.
________________________________

While I waited for Michael and Ms. Venable to finish their conversation, I began to roam around and started to explore the building. I hadn't had time to yet since I was always running errands. Kineros Robotics was much bigger on the inside than it would seem from the outside.

I traveled around the hallways. Roaming around from room to room, but only one room caught my attention. The room was fairly large. Inside I could see a group of females, what I would assume to be robots, and a blonde man with a bowl cut sitting at his computer. Really, a bowl cut? You can't make this shit up. As I approached the door I could start to make out more of the man's features. He was pretty handsome. He had doe-like brown eyes and I could see deep dimples form in his cheeks when he smiled. I walked through the open door and walked into the room, the man began to focus on me instead of his computer.

"Who the hell are you," the man asked, "Did Mutt send you down here?"

Who the hell names their child Mutt?