The New Prophet- Kai Anderson

Imagine- After questioning and expressing your concerns about the cult, Kai suggests a brand new idea...

I watched the blue-haired man sitting next to me vigorously type away at his keyboard. His eyes focused on the bright screen glaring in front of him, he had been at it for hours and hours now. He was concentrated on 'something important' he had talked about earlier on. 'Something that had to be done for the sake of the cult.' He was in an intense zone. Disinterested in whatever else was happening in the world. I prayed that God may have mercy on anybody who dare interrupt this man from his task.

"Boop," I said as I poked the tip of his nose.

The man's hands stopped as he took a deep breath and began slowly turning his gaze away from the screen and towards my direction. The room was silent as his coffee-brown eyes stared into mine.

"There better be a very important reason for why you interrupted me," he spoke without emotion.

Those emotionless eyes. I've seen them many times and the outcome was never good.

"It's very important, Kai," I sighed watching as he raised an eyebrow, "I'm bored."

The man shook his head as he rolled his eyes and put his hand on his forehead.

"Baby, I told you not to interrupt me," Kai sighed, "I'm working on something important and it has to get done."

I tightly gripped the black sheets around me and held them to my chest. "

I know. I know," I began to mock him as I sat up from my pillow, "It must be done for the sake of the cult."

I rolled my eyes out of annoyance. I'm tired of hearing about that stupid cult. It's always something for the cult or something about the cult. I hate it more than Kai hates Meadow, and although he doesn't show it, that means A LOT. I don't like the values of it or what it represents and even though I love Kai from the bottom of my heart, I DO NOT LIKE HOW HE RUNS IT. Kai slowly shut the screen of his laptop and placed the laptop onto his nearby nightstand.

"Come here," he instructed as he opened his arms, inviting me to sit under him; an invitation which I gladly accepted as I sat on his lap. His warm arm wrapped around my cold body like a nice blanket that was hand-knitted by someone's grandma. His other hand repeatedly rubbing up and down my back. It was calm.

"Can we just stay like this forever," I asked as I laid my head on his shoulder and wrapped my arms around his chiseled body.

We can one day," Kai assured me, "but until then I have to focus on  getting this done."

I pouted, "It's always something about that stupid cult," I mumbled under my breath.

"What was that babe," he questioned me, "I sense a little agitation coming from you. What's wrong?" That stupid cult.

"Nothing," I sighed as I released myself from his grasp, "Nothing at all." I folded my arms as I laid back down on my pillow and stared at the ceiling.

"No really what is it," Kai asked again as he laid down beside me, "I know when you're mad. So go on ahead and tell me. Who do I have to kill?"

"You'd all have to drink the kool-aid, if I wanted you killed," I chuckled as I stared at the light above my head.

Kai raised an eyebrow, "The cult," he gasped as he sat up from his pillow, "Babe, what's wrong with the cult?"