Peter Criss #13

You needed to forget.

But how? His face was on the cover of that magazine. In fact, it was the first thing you saw when you went into the magazine section.

And seeing it made you think of the memories you had with him.

No, you thought. Don't think about him. Don't do it.

Those words repeated in your head as you grabbed a random magazine from the shelf.

Back at the hotel, you ended up going to the swimming pool, thinking it would occupy you. Your idea wasn't all that successful, unfortunately. Why? Because he was all you could think about. Your ex-boyfriend Ike, a famous actor. He had a new girlfriend now and you found yourself wondering how long they're going to last. The two of you had dated for three years before breaking up. And it was so bad that it had left you heartbroken.

You broke up five months ago.

Letting out a sigh, you closed your magazine right when someone showed up. Peter, to be specific. He pulled up a chair next to your lounge chair and sat down. "I thought you'd be here."

"Peter, what are you doing here?" you asked.

"I was looking for you," he explained.

"And?"

"Well I was looking for you."

You shook your head. "What do you want?"

He sighed. "You've been acting a little strange since you came back to the hotel. I just wanted to check on you and see if you were okay."

"Well I'm fine, Peter. Don't worry." You gave him a little smile, however, you doubted your words. Were you fine? All you could think about was Ike and the memories you've had with him.

Memories.

Before your break-up.

"I find that hard to believe," Peter told you. Hearing this, you glanced at him but didn't say anything. He continued. "Something is wrong. I can see it."

You looked away. "Like I've said before, I'm fine."

Sighing again, he got up. "All right, kitten, whatever you say. I'm going back inside."

With that, he walked away, leaving you with your thoughts.

***

Hours went by. It was now nighttime, and you were in your hotel room. There wasn't really much to do. The little television was on but you barely paid any attention to it.

After leaving the pool area, you were able to keep your mind off Ike. It was good - you haven't thought about him for hours. However, at one point more memories of you two came flooding back, probably because of a couple you saw down in the lobby. They appeared to be so much in love that it made you think about Ike again. The sight of them even made you wish you could have that again. Ike was your last boyfriend - you hadn't dated anyone since then.

Taking a deep breath, you decided to go see what the others were up to. Everyone was in their own rooms, that much you knew. But what were they doing? You wanted to find out. Besides, you couldn't think of anything else to do. So why not talk to the band you're on the road with?

Gene was first. Nothing happened. He seemed a little annoyed after opening the door. Not because of you, but because of something else. So you left him alone.

Next was Ace, who happily let you in. The two of you talked for awhile and laughed so many times. He kept calling you curly, too. But pretty soon he was starting to get tired, and you ended up saying goodnight to him before leaving.