Ace Frehley #2

"I wish I could kiss someone right now," you said while reading a magazine.

"Well that's random," Ace commented, lying down and placing his head on your lap. "But you can kiss me."

"Hmm. I don't know." You put your magazine on the arm of the couch. "You're wearing makeup, Ace. Your lipstick might smear."

"So?" He sat up. "We're not doing anything today."

"Then why the makeup?"

"I don't know."

You laughed. Ace grinned, loving the sound of it. In fact, he loved everything about you. But you didn't know that.

"So what do you say?" he asked.

"Sure."

You both leaned in slowly until your lips touched. But what was supposed to be a short kiss turned into something more. After it ended, you and Ace looked at each other before leaning in for another. And another.

The next thing you knew, you were in Ace's embrace, kissing him while running your fingers through his hair. It was nice being with him. It felt so good. And you knew that by doing this, by kissing him, could change things. That was a problem.

For one thing, there was no way you can be with him. If your friendship turned into something more, you wouldn't be able to do it. Most of your past relationships have failed, and that led you to not being able to trust easily. And most of the time you would be scared that you might hurt Ace in some way. You didn't want to do that.

Ace smiled once the two of you stopped for air, holding you close to him. Neither of you wanted to let go.

After a few minutes of silence, he spoke. "I've been thinking, Y/N."

"Yeah?" You moved your head back to look at him.

"Will you go on a date with me?"

You stared at him, surprised while escaping from his embrace. "A date?"

He nodded. "Yeah."

"A date date?"

"Mm-hmm."

You bit your lip. "I don't know. I haven't been on a date in two years."

"And that's okay, Y/N. You don't have to--"

"No, you don't understand. First dates often lead to relationships and I don't think . . ." your voice trailed off as you shook your head. "I can't do this."

He frowned. "Why not?"

"You know how my relationships are. They never last long." You let out a breath. "I don't want to hurt you."

"You're not going to hurt me." Ace caressed your cheek with his thumb. But you moved it away.

"Think about what I've done, Ace. Think about how my relationships turned out."

"It's okay, Y/N. I know what happened. Most of those guys were jerks--"

"I did some terrible things, too!" you interrupted, raising your voice. Ace closed his mouth and went silent. You began pacing back and forth. "But yeah, you're right. Most of those guys were jerks. They're one of the reasons why I don't trust easily. I just can't date, Ace. I just can't."

You sat down, covering your face with your hands. "I'm sorry. I like you, too, but I . . . can't."

"I understand," Ace said softy, sitting down next to you. "It's all right."

A few seconds later you looked at him. He smiled a bit, and that made you laugh.

"What?" he asked, confused.

"Your lipstick is smeared."

"Oh, yeah, I'll fix it." He shrugged. "Or maybe I should take it off. We're not performing tonight or anything."

You studied him for a moment, then got into his lap. He raised his eyebrows, making you smile as you began playing with his hair.

"What's going on, Y/N?" he questioned. You shook your head as if telling him to be quiet. He didn't speak.

Maybe Ace was the one. All this time your relationships had always failed. You've never had a long, stable relationship before. Ever.

Well except for one. But that was when you were eighteen and in high school. Your boyfriend of two years moved to Australia and so you found out that long distance relationships weren't your thing. You couldn't do it.

As for your other relationships, some of your boyfriends were jerks. They lied. Cheated. Some of them ended up being distrustful. So there's that.

And as for you, well, you cheated once on of your boyfriends. It was wrong, yes, but he cheated, too, so there's also that. And you might've lied a couple of times. Oops.

Yet that was all in the past, and so here you were with Ace. You haven't dated anyone in two years. But Ace made you feel in a way you've never felt before. He constantly brightens up your day and you both got along so well. He was perfect. His dreamy eyes, his cute smile, his adorable laugh. He made you so happy.

And that's how you knew you were in love with Ace Frehley of KISS.

"Just trust me on this," you said finally, knowing what you were about to do.

Ace nodded.

With that, you brought your face closer to his and kissed him. Passionately.

"You know what, Ace," you whispered. "Let's go on that date."

He grinned. "Sounds good."