Eric Singer #3

It's Eric Singer's birthday! <3

Requested by NatashaLydon

Makeup artist. I added the birthday part!

***

"Stop moving around so much," you said, "and let me do this."

"I can't, Y/N," Rod said.

"Yes, you can."

He sighed. "Please paint it."

So you did. For the next thirty minutes, you applied the rest of the makeup to Rod's face. It had a very unique design to it, though you weren't exactly sure what it was or what he was supposed to be. He didn't give much of an explanation. You figured that he probably just wanted to wear makeup.

"There. Finished." You set a makeup brush down.

A smile entered Rod's face as he looked into the mirror. "Wow, that's great, Y/N."

"Do you like it?" you asked.

"Love."

"Great. Now get out of here." Your voice had a joking tone to it. Rod grinned and got out of his seat before rushing off.

Letting out a sigh, you sat down and began organizing the various makeup products. You worked as a makeup artist and did it for everyone and everything, whatever or whoever it may be. This past week you've been applying makeup for actors in a movie.

Well except Rod. He just wanted his makeup done.

Humming to yourself, you continued to organize the products, not paying any attention to who just showed up. In fact, you didn't notice the person at all, which made them clear their throat and say your name. That's when you looked over.

"Oh, Eric, hi!" You got up and hugged him. "What are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to see you, Y/N," he said. "It's been awhile."

"Yes, it has." You smiled. "I missed you."

He shook his head, taking a seat in a nearby chair. "You couldn't have missed me that much."

"But I have." You also sat down, putting everything in its place. "What have you been doing? Drumming?"

"Pretty much. But also celebrating."

You paused for a moment, then smiled. "Happy birthday, Eric."

He chuckled. "Thank you. I thought you have forgotten."

"Now why would I forget that? Your birthday of all things?"

"I don't know. We don't really see each other anymore."

His words brought an ache to your heart. The smile on your face faded as you looked at him sadly. "You're right. We don't."

Eric glanced at the floor. "How is he?"

"He's out of the picture," you said softly.

You had a boyfriend.

After eight years of dating, he and you broke up. This happened a few months ago. Eric didn't know about it so when you told him, he was surprised. But it was true. The two of you had been together for what seemed forever. You even considered marriage at one point. But things changed. They weren't the same. They didn't work out anymore. Everything was falling apart. And so you broke up.

"I'm sorry," Eric said.

"It's okay."

After that it was quiet for awhile. Neither of you spoke, not bothering to start a conversation for a few minutes. But then Eric decided to break the silence. "So a makeup artist."

"Yep," you confirmed.

"Could you do mine?"

You stared at him, shocked. Not once did he ever asked you to do his makeup for him. Not like you could, anyway. Both of you were always busy. But you couldn't believe he would ask something like that.

Nonetheless he did.

"Sure," you replied. "But I can't tell you it'll be perfect."

He smiled. "No, it'll be perfect. You're the makeup artist."

Grinning, you got everything ready, which meant getting out the necessary makeup products. Then after that, you started applying the Catman makeup.

It took a lot of time and patience. At one point you had planned on giving up, thinking you wouldn't be able to do it right. But you didn't. Instead you kept on working.

Finally, after who knows how long, you were finished. You smiled at the result, amazed by how perfect his Catman makeup was.

"And done!" you announced. "Take a look."

Eric did. He didn't react at first but then his red lips turned into a smile. "It's perfect, Y/N. I knew it would be."

The corners of your mouth turned upward. "Thank you."

More silence. Only this time you were both looking at each other. Why? The reason was unknown. But then one of you made a move - and that was you.

You pressed your lips against his. It took him a second to return the kiss but when he did, he stood up, pulling you closer to him. It was very soft and gentle.

"Happy birthday, Eric," you whispered when it ended.

"Thank you," he said, caressing your cheek with his thumb.

"But what does this mean?"

"Whatever you want it to mean."

You thought for a moment. "Again?"

Eric smiled. And this time he kissed you.