Gene Simmons #10

It's been like forever since Gene was home. The band had been on tour for a long time now and you've missed him terribly. But the good news was that the tour was coming to an end soon and that meant you'll be able to see him again.

You'll just have to wait.

Yet it felt like years. You had a lot of things to occupy yourself with but they didn't always keep your mind off the day Gene was coming home. To be honest you even counted down to that day by marking your calendar. Can you be blamed? You missed him!

Finally the day arrived. On that specific day you had several things to do, however, you didn't know what time he was returning. Probably somewhere around nighttime. Nevertheless you had been busy during that day. Luckily you were able to keep yourself occupied most of the time.

But when day turned into night, everything came back. Again you were missing Gene and his presence.

Letting out a sigh, you decided to take a shower after putting away the groceries. There wasn't much left to do afterwards, except maybe sleep or watch television. You weren't feeling tired yet so you chose the latter. You lied down on the couch, stretching your legs across it. You kept your eyes on the screen for who knows how long until you found yourself drifting off to sleep.

***

It was extremely late. A tired Gene unlocked the front door before going inside, sighing as he closed it behind him. It had been a long day for him, for everyone, and the only thing he wanted to do was to sleep. But he couldn't do that. Not yet.

He reached the stairs, ready to go up when a recognizable noise was heard. It sounded like the T.V. was on. Were you awake? Setting his things down, he decided to go see.

Yes. The television was on and you were lying on the couch in the living room. The thing was, though, your eyes were closed. Gene presumed you had fallen asleep at one point.

Turning off the television, he later picked you up from the couch and carried you bridal style up to your shared bedroom. He then placed you on the bed, pulling the covers over you before leaving to go not only to the bathroom, but to also grab his things from downstairs afterwards.

Much time had passed when Gene returned quietly, or tried to. A sound had woken you up, making you open your eyes.

"Gene?" you asked sleepily.

It was.

"Gene!" You got out of bed and threw your arms around his body. "Oh, baby, you're home."

He didn't have time to say anything because after that you kissed him. It was a soft and gentle kiss. "I missed you."

"I missed you, too," he said.

The two of you kissed again. This time it was short but loving. You pulled back and caressed his cheek. "Come to bed?"

"Well that's what I'm here for, aren't I? I'm tired."

Chuckling, you let go of him before crawling back into bed. Gene got in a few seconds later, making you snuggle up to him. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight," he whispered.

You smiled and closed your eyes, falling asleep.