Gene Simmons #16

Part 2 of Gene Simmons #15! Requested by RockerQueen_1

***

It was quiet. Always quiet.

Ever since the day of the photo session, you and Gene haven't spoken to each other. Why would you? An argument had taken place, or whatever you may call it. Gene admitted his feelings but you didn't. And unbeknownst to him, you loved him. But you didn't get the words out.

Why? Because he left and neither of you interacted since.

It was hard, though. Extremely hard. Especially today because it was the night of a concert. He was there. You were there. The tension was there.

And the other members felt it.

Ace tried to lighten the mood several times but nothing worked. Paul and Peter both attempted to start a conversation but it either didn't work or it led to silence. There wasn't anything that can be done anyway. You and Gene weren't going to talk - at least not to each other.

Sure, you could've stayed away from the concert. But you couldn't help it. You wanted to see them perform. It was what you've always did. Though as time went on, you realized maybe it was a mistake. Maybe you should've stayed away.

But you didn't. You couldn't. And so there you were with them. With him.

"Y/N, I think you and Gene should talk," Paul said after entering the hallway. He was all ready to go. "This is too much."

"What do you mean?" you questioned.

"The silence, for one thing," he answered. "And Gene isn't acting like himself. He even refuses to play at the concert."

You tried your best not to show your surprise. "Well what do you expect? Gene is Gene."

"Will you please talk to him?"

"No," you said. "Why should I? He's the one who snapped at me. He's the one who left before I could tell him something. He's the one who started the argument. So no, I will not. Even if I still care about him."

Paul sighed. "I know about the argument, Y/N. I saw the whole thing. Ace and Peter saw it, too. But sooner or later you're going to have to talk, and it'll have to be now. The concert is coming up really fast and I don't know how the audience will react when they don't see Gene on stage. That is if we play, which . . . I don't want to think about."

You pursed your lips.

"So will you?" he asked. "Please? The rest of us tried talking to him but it didn't work. He won't change his mind."

"Fine," you mumbled. "I'll see what I can do."

Without another word, you walked to the dressing room door and knocked. Instead of someone telling you to come in, the door opened, revealing Peter. "Oh, hey."

"Hey," you said. "Is Gene in there?"

He nodded. "But he's in a bad mood."

"Well I'd still like to talk to him. Privately, if you don't mind."

"Of course. Ace and I are just about done, anyway. Ace!" Peter turned around. "Are you done? Y/N wants to talk to Gene."

"Yeah, I'm done!" A few seconds later Ace showed up with a smile. "You can talk now."

"Thanks," you said.

Peter smiled. "See you at the show."

Then they were gone. You took a deep breath and entered the room.