Gene Simmons #6

You sat on Gene's lap, your arms around him. He kissed your cheek. "I have to go soon, Y/N."

"Not for another five minutes," you said. "That's when the interview starts, right?"

"Right. But Y/N--"

"Gene," you interrupted, pecking his lips.

That stopped him. More kisses were shared, however, you knew you couldn't keep doing it. For one thing, the interview was fast approaching and the other, well, there were people around.

Not like they were paying any attention. A lot of people were moving equipment around and such. Asking questions and calling orders. Light chatter. The rest of the band were standing nearby, talking amongst themselves and chuckling. When you looked at them, Paul made eye contact and winked.

"I wish they'd stop," Gene muttered.

"It's because we got together, isn't it?" you asked, turning to him.

"Yeah. They expected it, too. That's what Paul told me."

"Well that doesn't bother me. I mean, I kind of expected it, too."

Gene looked at you, raising his eyebrows. "What?"

You didn't say anything, only grinned at him. This made him shake his head. "I love you, Y/N."

Hearing those words caused your body to freeze. Did Gene just say he loved you?

Obviously. Why else would you freeze like that?

But it was the first time he said it. Those three words. Even though you've been dating for almost eight months, you didn't expect to hear that special phrase yet. It was sudden. You didn't even know Gene had the courage to say it to you after eight months. However, on the other hand, you weren't ready to say it yet.

That's why you didn't say it back.

Gene frowned. "Y/N?"

Before you could reply, someone made an announcement. "It's time!"

Giving Gene a small smile, you got off his lap. You watched as the band made their way to the set, where the host of the talk show was sitting. Everyone took a seat in the chairs that were set up.

Despite your reaction earlier, you still smiled throughout the interview. You liked watching the members start a conversation with the host and answer his questions. You had to stifle a laugh when Ace made a funny comment.

"Wow, Ace," you murmured with a grin. A nearby cameraman glanced at you.

When the interview was over, you went to a water dispenser due to being thirsty. But this didn't prevent you from thinking about what happened before the interview. You stared into your empty cup. Maybe I should've said those words, you thought.

No, Y/N. You weren't ready yet. Remember?

"Y/N?"

You looked up, noticing Paul and catching the concerned expression that was on his face. "Hey Paul."

"Are you okay?"

"Never better." You refilled your cup.

Paul continued to look at you but didn't say anything. By this time Ace appeared, who casually put an arm around your shoulders, unaware of what went on. "How did you like the interview, Y/N?"

"It was great," you said truthfully, smiling at him. "I liked it."

"Yeah? That's good to hear." He grinned.

You took a sip of water right when Peter showed up. Gene joined a few seconds later but while the five of you were talking, you barely looked at him.

Eventually you had to go. There were a lot of things you needed to do and so you wanted to get started. However, Gene stopped you, knowing that you've been acting a little strange after the interview. You leaned against your car, arms crossed. "What is it, Gene?"

"You've been avoiding me after the interview," he said. "Did I do something wrong?"

You opened your mouth but then closed it. Do something wrong? Of course not! But you couldn't get the words out. All you could think about was what Gene had said earlier.

"I love you, Y/N."

He loves you.

And you knew how special those words are.

"I . . . I love you, too, Gene," you admitted.

Before he could respond, you stepped forward and kissed him quickly. "I'm sorry for not saying it back earlier and for avoiding you. I was surprised and I . . . needed some time. That's all."

"That's all it was?" he asked.

"All it was," you answered, kissing him again. "I love you, Gene."

He held you close. "I love you, too, Y/N."