Peter Criss #7

It was cold.

It was cold in the room.

Peter had the blanket.

You didn't.

Knowing this, you grew frustrated. You were finally able to get some sleep after a tiring and exhausting day at work and now you had to deal with this.

How there was only one blanket on the bed, you had no idea. But you needed it badly and the only way to get it was to steal it from him. What else were you supposed to do? Besides, it was the first thing that came to mind. You needed it desperately.

"Peter for the last time." You grabbed the blanket and pulled it over you, only to leave your boyfriend with nothing.

"Y/N, I'm cold. Stop stealing the blankets." He tugged the edge of the blanket you had, later making you exposed to the cold air.

"It's freezing in here," you muttered, shivering.

"Says you."

"But you just said you were cold!"

Peter sighed while making himself comfortable with the blanket. For a minute or two you let him have his moment of victory before taking the blanket away from him.

"Y/N!"

"I'm cold!"

You weren't sure how long it lasted, but the two of you fought over the blanket nonstop. It was the only thing that could keep you warm for the night . . . or so you thought. Sure, you could've shared it but the two of you were too busy occupied in taking it from each other to even suggest the idea. So that's why it wasn't shared.

Pretty soon Peter got out of bed to go to the bathroom, leaving you with the blanket. You smiled, snuggling under it and making yourself comfortable, glad that you were finally protected from the cold air that always filled the room. After awhile you were on the verge of falling asleep when you heard Peter's voice.

"No wonder there's only one blanket."

You opened your eyes and sat up, blinking. "What?"

"The rest of the covers," Peter started, "are on the floor next to your side of the bed. During the night you must've pulled them off in your sleep."

"Wow, good job, Peter," you remarked sarcastically with an eye roll. But looking at the floor made you realize he was right. "Oh. I guess I did."

Peter shook his head. You watched him pick up the covers and place them on the bed. This caused you to grab them, happy that there were more than just one blanket. That meant you can be warm during the night. You didn't have to deal with the cold air or worry about Peter taking a blanket from you.

"You're unbelievable," Peter commented, getting into bed. "But I love you."

The corners of your mouth turned upward. You snuggled into his side with the covers over the two of you. "I'm sorry, Peter."

"What for?" he asked confusedly. His brow was furrowed.

"For stealing the blanket. I didn't know the rest of the covers were on the floor."

"That's because you pulled them off. Remember?"

"Did not," you defended, even though it had just been proven that you did.

"Did too."

A few seconds passed and you let out a sigh. "Peter?"

"Mm-hmm." He was obviously getting sleepy just by the tone of his voice. Even his eyes were closed. "What is it?"

Breathing in deeply, you exhaled and moved even more closer to him. "I love you."

"I love you, too," he said, "even when you take all the blankets."

"Peter!"

He chuckled. "Goodnight, Y/N."

"Goodnight," you whispered before closing your eyes.

Both of you slept soundly for the rest of the night.