Peter Criss #6

"I love you, Y/N," he said, cupping your face.

You smiled at him. "I love you, too, Peter."

Just when you were about to kiss, a car horn honked, making you wake up from your slumber.

A dream.

It wasn't real. It was a dream.

You blinked, then squinted, soon realizing that you were in the passenger seat of a car. A quick glance to the left allowed you to find Paul in the driver's seat. He was driving you home.

Not Peter.

Just a dream.

Letting out a sigh, you rubbed your eyes tiredly and yawned. You felt like you could fall asleep any second even though you just woke up.

"Are you okay, Y/N?" Paul asked, his eyes on the dark road ahead.

"Yeah," you replied. "Just tired."

"Well we're almost to your house."

"Thanks, Paul."

"Mmm-hmm."

You rested your head against the window, staring out the windshield. It was dark outside, signaling it was nighttime, though you didn't know what time it was. You didn't bother checking. Instead you thought back to your recent dream.

"I love you, Y/N."

It's been months.

Months since your break-up with Peter. Things just hasn't been working out back then. Everything had been falling apart and you two hardly saw each other anymore, which led to a big fight, and so you decided to break up, no matter how much it hurt. You thought you were going to be fine and for awhile you were, however, it didn't take long to realize that you were still in love with him, no matter how many times you said you weren't, that you've gotten over the break-up. You cared about him so much that it left an aching pain in your heart. An aching need for him.

Eventually Paul arrived at your house. Thanking him, you got out of the car and headed up to the front door of your house.

Your dark and empty house.

***

Peter couldn't stop thinking about you.

You've been occupying his mind so much that he sometimes made a mistake while playing the drums, which would cause his bandmates to stop and look at him.

"I'm sorry," he'd say. "Let's try that again."

So they did.

Like on that one day. Peter continuously made a mistake more than once without realizing it. So when he caught three pairs of eyes staring at him, he lowered his own to the drums sheepishly. "I'm sorry. We should probably try that again."

"No," Paul said. "Let's just take a break instead."

Peter's bandmates knew what he was going through. They knew about the harsh break-up he and you had. The three of them had to adjust to not seeing you often as they did. Sometimes you would come and visit them, watch them as they played with a smile on your face. But that was no more.

Ace ran a hand through his hair before walking toward the drum set. The drummer was currently playing with the drumsticks on his lap, not bothering to interact with his bandmates, although he could if he wanted to. But why do that when all he could think about was his break-up?

He was still in love with you, believe it or not. His heart yearned for you. He wanted to see your beautiful face again but that wasn't possible. Not anymore. You didn't want to see him ever again.

Or did you?

Sighing, Peter set his drumsticks down, looking up in time to see Ace, who spoke. "She's still in love with you."

His eyebrows rose. "What?"

"Y/N. She's still in love with you. She told me last night on the phone."

"She called you?"

"Yeah."

Peter sighed. "I don't think she'd take me back. Not after our fight."

Ace hummed. "I don't know, Peter. She might."

"I agree," Paul spoke up, walking toward them. "Y/N was a little quiet and distant when I drove her home last night."

Last night.

You came to the studio for the first time in months, though you didn't stay there very long. During your visit, you didn't look at Peter nor spoke to him. At all. So the things that Paul and Ace said were surprising. Peter didn't think you cared anymore.

But you did. So much. You couldn't move on and forget. Neither of you could. So that's why Peter decided to call you later that day.

The phone rang once. Twice. Three times. On the fourth ring, you answered it. "Hello?"

"Hi, Y/N," Peter greeted.

Your breath was caught in your throat. You didn't expect to hear his voice, nor get a call from him. "Peter."

"How are you?"

"I'm fine," you said, then hesitated. Were you fine? No. If you were fine, you wouldn't be longing for your boyfriend. You wouldn't be longing and yearning for Peter Criss, the drummer you've met and fallen in love with several years ago. The fight you had was not like the other ones. In fact, it was the first major one, and since then you haven't been the same. You didn't feel the same, either.

And the same thing went for Peter.

"Actually I'm not fine," you told him. "I'm not fine, not even the slighest. Can you come over?"

Peter went silent. Then he said, "Sure. I'll be there soon."

With that you both said goodbye and hung up.

It took awhile for Peter to arrive but when he did, you let him in, and for the next few minutes all the two of you could do was stare at each other in the foyer. It had been way too long since you've actually seen and interacted with each other. Last night didn't count.

However, it was Peter who made the first move. He stepped forward and kissed you.

You didn't hesitate to kiss back.

It was a heartfelt kiss, filled with so much love and passion. You missed each other so much and you didn't have to say it.

"I'm so sorry, kitten," he whispered, holding you close to him.

You didn't realize how much you've missed hearing that. "No, Peter. I'm sorry."

"We're both sorry," he said.

You hugged him tightly. "It's been too long, Peter. You don't know how much I wanted to be with you again. It hurts just thinking about our fight."

He kissed the top of your head. "I know, kitten, and I'm so sorry."

"Do you think we could start again?" you asked, looking at him. Your eyes glistened with forming tears. "Please?"

Peter nodded, moving his hands to your cheeks and caressing them. "We can start again, Y/N."

You kissed again, then hugged each other, not wanting to let go.