Eric Carr #3

It's Eric's birthday! <3

***

It was Eric's birthday. You snuggled up to him on the couch. He smiled, wrapping an arm around you and kissing the top of your head. The two of you started watching a movie that had just came on television. A movie you've never seen before.

About thirty minutes in, Eric caught a whiff of something. It seemed like perfume or cologne but he knew it didn't come from him. It came from somewhere else.

Or someone else.

You.

But at the time he didn't think much of it, so basically he dismissed it. In fact, he had forgotten all about it while watching the movie. Well, most of it. At one point he caught another whiff of the strong smell, and this time he realized where it was coming from: you.

"That's some strong perfume you have on, Y/N," he remarked.

"Oh, no, it's not perfume," you said. "It's cologne."

"Cologne?"

"Yeah, Scott's cologne must've rubbed off on me."

Eric raised his eyebrows. "Scott?"

"I went to see him and his band today." You shrugged. "I wanted to meet their new drummer."

"Oh."

Scott was a friend of yours. He was the lead singer of a band he formed a few years ago. You met his three bandmates and got along with them well. But out of all four members, it was Scott you were closer with. And you've been seeing him a lot lately.

For the past several months.

You even came home late a few times, and often Eric would catch that smell.

Just like he did tonight.

"You've been seeing him a lot," he spoke up.

"I had to," you said. "Our visits were very important."

"Important?"

"Mmm-hmm."

Eric looked at you but you were too busy watching T.V. to notice. He tried turning his attention back to it but was unable to. Many things went through his mind. Things he didn't want to think about. Surely those visits didn't mean anything, right?

"Then those visits must've been really important," he said sarcastically. But his tone surprised him - he didn't mean to say it like that.

"Well yes, I mean . . ." your voice trailed off as you caught onto what he was saying. You gaped as you turned your head to stare at him. "Eric!"

"What?" he asked.

"I can't believe you'd think that!" you exclaimed. "Cheating on you? I would never. I love you."

"But you would come home smelling like Scott. What was I supposed to think?"

"We just hug a lot. And sometimes his cologne would rub off on me." You shrugged. "He had been very thankful for what I've done so he hugged me more than usual. Like I've said, our visits at the studio were very important."

Eric blinked. You didn't mention that word before. "Studio?"

"Yeah, I've been working with the band on their album for the past couple of months. It was just released a few days ago, so . . ." You paused. "Well I was going to give it to you after the movie, but I guess I'll give it now."

"Give what?"

You told him to wait before getting up and rushing off to get the album. When you returned, a wrapped gift was in your hand. "Happy birthday, Eric."

He took the gift and unwrapped it, soon revealing an album that was released by Scott and his band. All four members were on the cover, even though the drummer had left before the album was finished.

And Eric noticed this. "Didn't the drummer leave?"

"Yes," you confirmed. "But someone else played the drums for a few of their songs."

"Who?"

"Me."

That grabbed his attention. He stared at you, astounded. "You?"

You nodded. "I played the drums for them . . . but also for you, Eric. I wanted to do something for your birthday. Luckily the album was released before then."

A smile entered his face. He gazed back at the album in his hands. "Wow. Thank you."

"You're welcome." You kissed his cheek. "Should we play it?"

Eric looked up and grinned. "Yeah, let's play it."

So you did. You turned off the T.V. (since the movie was just about over), and approached the record player that was sitting on a table. Eric opened the album, then pulled the record out of its sleeve. Giving you a smile, he put it on the record player and set it up.

"Turn it on," he said.

You did. The record began to move after that, and then the music started playing. Eric raised his eyebrows when he heard the drumming. "Is that you?"

"No." You picked up the album to read the song titles. "I play the drums in the next song."

"How many did you play?"

"Four."

"So half."

"That's right."

Eric smiled.

For the rest of the song, neither of you said anything. But when the next song started to play, Eric couldn't help but smile again. "Is that you?"

You nodded. "That's me."

He smiled even more before hugging you. "That's my drummer! You're amazing."

A chuckle came from you. "Happy birthday."

"Thank you." He then gave you a kiss. It was very sweet and loving. "I love you, Y/N."

"I love you, too," you said.

And for the rest of the song, you hugged each other.