Peter Criss #12

It's Peter's birthday today so yeah. <3

***

"Y/N, it's freezing," Brittany complained, rubbing her arms. You rolled your eyes and continued walking down the sidewalk with her following you. "Come on, Y/N. How can you stand this weather?"

"Because I do?" You stopped in front of a large window and peeked inside. There were a lot of items on display and one of them caught your attention instantly. "Let's go in here."

"Finally," Brittany murmured. She didn't hesitate to go inside the shop.

You headed toward the counter while your friend looked around. A man went back to the counter just in time after returning from the back room.

"Hi," he greeted. "What can I do for you?"

"That item on display," you started. "In the window. Is it for sale?"

"Which one?"

You told him, and he walked toward it to take a look.

"Ah yes," he said. "It's for sale but we only have a few left in stock. This one is just for display."

"Well I'd like to buy one," you said.

The man smiled.

After leaving the shop, you went to a few more places with Brittany before going home. It was Peter's birthday, and so you had some things to get done.

He wasn't home yet since this morning he informed you that he might be home later than usual. There were a lot of things the band needed to do at the studio, and so it was uncertain when they will be done. But you were fine with that. In fact, it gave you more time to do things, like making dinner and . . . baking a cake.

Earlier in the month you thought about throwing a surprise party but somehow Peter found out about it. He told you he didn't want one so you decided not to.

However, on this day, something unexpected happened. At one point you received a phone call from Ace, who told you about something you weren't expecting.

"So what do you think?" he asked after a moment of silence.

You played with the telephone cord. "You're really going to come here and wish Peter a happy birthday, Ace?"

"Yes. That's the whole point, isn't it?"

"But all of you are at the studio with him."

"True, but there's no cake here," he said, then paused. "Have you baked a cake? Or bought one?"

"Yeah," you answered. "I baked a small one. It turned out pretty good, actually."

"Then I don't see the problem, Y/N."

A sigh came from you. "All right. You can come."

Even though you couldn't see him, you knew Ace was smiling. "Thank you, Y/N. We'll see you later."

Wait, we?

But before you could ask about it, he hung up. Shaking your head, you put the phone back in its place.

After awhile of being in the kitchen, you decided to go to the living room and watch some television. You even looked through a magazine but it wasn't all that interesting.

Much time passed and pretty soon you heard the sound of the front door opening. It only meant one thing: Peter was home.

You got up, turned off the television, and went to greet him in the main hall. With a smile, you gave him a kiss. "Hey baby. Happy birthday."

"Thank you, Y/N," he said, pulling you into a hug.

You wrapped your arms around him. "Did you have a good day?"

"Mmm-hmm. It made me a little tired but I'm all right."

"Well I made dinner," you told him. "And a cake."

"You didn't."

"I did."

Peter sighed, still holding you close to him as he pressed a kiss to your head. "You didn't have to do that, Y/N."

"But it's your birthday, and I wanted to do something. I even bought you something."

"No."

"Yes." You smiled at him. "Dinner is ready, by the way."

"Mmm. Okay. Let me take a shower first." He kissed your forehead and then left to go to the bathroom. That's when you made the decision to take the time to set up the table and make it look nice. You wanted everything to be just right.

When Peter came back, you smiled and took his hand, leading him to the table. Together you sat down and had dinner, talking about numerous things. As time went on you could tell he was happy and that he was enjoying the time you were spending together.

When dinner was over, you ended up in the living room together. Peter opened his gifts and his face lit up every time. He smiled and thanked you, giving you a little kiss.

Pretty soon there was a knock on the door, which surprised Peter but not you. He raised his eyebrows, obviously wondering who it could be. You only smiled before going to the front door to answer it.

Like expected, Peter's bandmates had arrived. Ace came in first, followed by Paul and Gene. The three of them greeted you right when Peter showed up to see who it came. A surprise expression was on his face. He definitely didn't expect their presence. "What are you doing here?"

"We want to wish you a happy birthday," Ace said with a grin. "Happy birthday, Peter."

Paul and Gene both said the same thing.

"Wow," Peter commented. "Thank you. But you didn't have to come here to tell me that."

"Well we couldn't resist the cake that Y/N made." Ace winked, making you shake your head at him.

"I just need to put some candles," you said, ready to go to the kitchen. But Peter took your hand before you could.

"It's all right, Y/N. You don't have to do that."

"But I want to." You kissed his cheek and headed toward the kitchen. While doing so, you could hear someone say something indistinctly, followed by laughter. That made you smile.

After putting some candles on the cake and lighting them up, you called the boys in. They arrived several seconds later.

"Ready?" you asked, looking at Peter.

He nodded. "I'm ready."

Smiling, you kissed his cheek again. "Happy birthday, Peter. Make a wish."

Peter waited a bit before blowing out the candles. You grinned, later taking out the candles one by one and then proceeding to cut the cake.

Everything was good after that. All of you had a good time, especially Peter, who smiled so many times. He was clearly enjoying his birthday.

A couple of hours passed, and eventually the others went home. Peter approached you, however, a frown was on his face. "Something is missing."

"Really?" you asked, confused. You thought everything went well. What could possibly be missing?

"Yes," he answered. "I didn't get a kiss."

"But I kissed you when you got home."

"Are you sure?"

You could tell Peter was joking. Nevertheless you smiled and gave him a kiss. And another.

"Happy birthday, Peter," you whispered. "I love you, Catman."

"I love you, too, Y/N," he said, smiling. "And thank you."

You smiled and kissed him again.