Gene Simmons #14

Requested by @NatashaLydon !

Mermaids!

***

Lottie squealed. "You're in love with a rockstar?!"

You let out a sigh. "Lottie, do you even know what that word means?"

"No. I haven't been out there, you know." She sighed before looking out into the distance, where the ocean met the land. A dreamy expression entered her face. "I wish I could. But not all of us can go there, Y/N. You're one of the lucky ones."

"Well it's a different world out there. You'd love it."

"Mmm." Lottie stayed quiet for a few seconds, then asked, "Can you tell me what rockstar means?"

Smiling, you told her the definition before moving onto the topic of your experiences in the human world. You even told her about the man you fell in love with - Gene Simmons.

"Sounds like you've met the one," Lottie said after the two of you dove underwater. You began swimming to the depths of the ocean, where you lived. An underwater city.

"You think so?"

She smiled. "Yeah."

"But I haven't told him my secret."

Hearing this made Lottie stop swimming. She turned to face you. "Really?"

You nodded.

"But you have to tell him sometime. You can't just avoid it." She paused. "Or can you?"

No words came from you.

"Anyway, what if he randomly finds out? What happens then? You know there's a possibility of him not accepting your secret, Y/N. He might leave or . . ." Lottie didn't finish her sentence. She didn't have to.

You understood. "I've been meaning to tell him, Lottie, but I . . . I can't. I don't have the courage."

She pursed her lips. "Do you love him?"

"Yes. Very much."

"Then you can tell him." Lottie swam closer to you and took your hand, giving it a gentle squeeze. "Trust me, Y/N, if he loves you, he'll stay."

And that was the scene that played in your mind one day.

Gene pressed his mouth against yours. You deepened the kiss, wrapping your arms around him as he pulled you closer.

But before anything else could happen, there was a knock on the door. "Hey, Gene, you got a minute?"

The two of you broke apart. With a sigh, Gene pulled away and headed toward the door, where Ace was waiting in the hallway. "What is it?"

Ace began talking about the concert, though you couldn't exactly tell what he was saying. But you heard him mention Paul.

Gene said something indistinctly. Their conversation lasted for a good couple of minutes, so during that time, you studied your bracelet. It was a charm bracelet that held a few seashells. To anyone, it looked like an ordinary charm bracelet but to you, it was special. After all it had magical power.

Whenever you want to be human, you kept it on, meaning that if you touched water while wearing it, you wouldn't become a mermaid. However, if you took it off and touched water, you would become a mermaid.

But it wasn't like you'll become a mermaid while washing your hands. That's not how it worked.

Nevertheless that's who you were.

Yet to tell the truth, you haven't told anyone. Not the friends you've made, not the band, not even Gene. The only people who knew were currently underwater - your other friends and of course, your family. That was it.