Ace Frehley #12

You don't know what happened. One minute Ace was happy and the next . . . he was sad.

Well actually a lot of time passed between his change of mood so it wasn't like he became sad right away. But still.

During the middle of the night, you woke up to the sound of crying. It didn't take long for you to locate the sound for it came from beside you. Ace was sitting up in bed and the only way you knew this was because of the silvery moonlight that shined through the window in your shared bedroom. You could see his figure.

Sitting up, you placed a hand on his shoulder. "Hey. What's wrong, Ace?"

"It's nothing, Y/N," he said, sniffling.

"That's not true," you told him. "If it was nothing, you wouldn't be crying."

Ace stared down at the bed. No words came from him. You moved closer to the guitarist, rubbing his shoulder. The sight of him was worrying you. It broke your heart seeing him like this. You didn't like it whenever he was sad. "What's wrong? Please tell me."

He let out a breath. "I had a dream that you left me for another guy. You said you never cared about me nor loved me and that I wasn't good enough. You even said I was a bad guitarist, that I couldn't play very well."

You frowned. "What a terrible dream."

"I know," he mumbled.

Then there was silence.

This was a major change, you realized. Ace was so happy during the day. He was smiling, laughing, and he kept giving you hugs and kisses. His mood was nothing but cheerful.

And now he was sad. All because of a dream.

You sighed, playing with his hair a little. "But none of it is true, baby. You're a great guitarist and I love you so much. I care about you."

Ace didn't reply and instead wiped his tears. You continued. "I'm in love with you, Ace. I love you so much that I can't even express it in words. You're so talented and I love hearing you play, especially during concerts. And gosh, you're the best, Ace. I genuinely care about you. Honest."

He turned to look at you, still sniffling. There were still evidence of him crying, for you could see his tear-stained cheeks. "Yeah?"

You nodded. "Yeah. I want you, Ace. No one else. And I wouldn't ditch you for another guy. Ever."

The guitarist smiled a bit. You did the same before pressing your lips against his softly. It was a loving kiss.

Ace soon pulled you closer to him, your mouths never parting. The kiss became long and intense, filled with so much love and passion. Eventually you both had to stop to catch your breath, however, that didn't prevent you from kissing again.

You ran your hands up his back, still kissing him until you were lying down on the bed.

Ace then leaned over you, and you cradled his head in your hands. The two of you shared a few more kisses before stopping for air. Your breaths intermingled.

"I love you, Space Ace," you whispered breathlessly.

"I love you, too, Y/N." He leaned down for another kiss, which you gave him.

After a couple more kisses,  he lied down on the bed, and you moved closer to him. "I mean what I said earlier, Ace."

He kissed your head. "Mmm. And I think you proved it."

You chuckled a bit. "I did."

Letting out a sigh, he turned on his side to face you. A smile was visible on his face. "Come here."

You snuggled up to him, and he wrapped an arm around you, kissing your head again. "No more bad dreams?"

He hummed a bit. "I think I'll sleep well for the rest of the night."

A smile came upon your lips. "Good."

And with that, the two of you fell asleep.