Gene Simmons #4

"Oh, so the big bad demon is coming to rescue me. Cute." You tapped his chest. "Well guess what, demon? I'm staying out here all night."

"You're going home," Gene said.

You scoffed. "No thanks. I can find my own way back."

"I'm not saying it again, Y/N."

"Good. Get out of here, then." You turned away from him. "I don't need to rely on you."

"I never said . . . I don't even know what you're talking about, Y/N. It's better to be at home than roaming the streets."

"Well maybe I want to spend the night on the streets."

Gene was getting annoyed. "Y/N."

"Fine!" You threw your hands up in the air. Without uttering a word, you followed Gene to his car, where you sat in complete silence. You didn't want to talk to him. You didn't want to look at him.

You didn't want to do anything.

The familiar sight of your house came into view when Gene pulled into the driveway. You scoffed at the darkness of it, opening the door and walking up the paved path. You reached the front door in no time, rummaging through your purse and fumbling with your keys. A few words were muttered under your breath when the keys fell to the ground. You picked them up before inserting one into the lock.

It didn't work.

"Need some help?" a voice asked behind you.

"No thanks."

"Let me try."

"I said no thanks."

Gene stood back as you continued to have trouble with your keys. You practically gave up and shoved the keys into his hand. "Fine. You do it."

"Which one is it?"

"I have no clue."

He put a random key into the lock, miraculously opening the door afterwards. Frustrated, you went inside.

"Okay, I'm safely inside my house." You set your purse down and proceeded to take off your shoes. "You can go now, Gene."

He didn't, though. He just watched you take off other shoe and place them in the hallway closet. "Y/N--"

"Go," you interrupted, making your way toward the living room. You turned on a lamp and flopped onto the couch, burying your face into one of the pillows. For some reason it always smelled like your favorite scent. You could never figure out why.

"Y/N," Gene tried again. His voice surprised you.

"Gosh, Gene, you're still here?" You lifted your head up to see him standing at the living room entrance.

He sighed. "Just making sure you're okay."

"Well I'm fine so stop worrying and go home. I'll see you tomorrow or . . . whenever." You buried your face into the pillow again. The mysterious scent greeted you.

The reason why you were out in town was to get your mind off what happened recently. Your boyfriend had just left you after saying he loved someone else. That someone else was some girl you didn't know. But you didn't care. Why would you?

And although you wouldn't admit it, he broke your heart. You actually loved him and vice versa. But now things changed, and well, it was different now. He didn't love you anymore.

That hurt.

Gene moved slowly toward the couch, not wanting to make a single sound. He didn't want to disturb you, even though you weren't asleep.

You wanted to, though.

In fact, you were planning on crying yourself to sleep. Gene could hear your muffled sobs.

He stopped by the couch right when you raised your head again. This time you didn't say anything, just looked at him with tear stained cheeks.

Eventually you got up.

"Gene . . . what's wrong with me?" You took a step forward, then tripped. Luckily Gene was able to catch you before you fell. You held onto him. "Gene, why doesn't he . . . love me?"

You were referring to your now ex-boyfriend. Your now ex-boyfriend who was probably off with some girl. He might be in Canada by now. "Why did he . . . leave me the way he did, Gene? Am I really that bad of a person?"

You looked up at him, your eyes glistening with tears. Sighing, Gene pulled you into a hug. "It's not you, Y/N. It's him. He's the one who decided to leave a beautiful, innocent woman like you. That's his fault. Not yours."

Those words had been unexpected. To be honest you had no idea that he thought of you in that way. You just thought he didn't care about you. But he did.

He proved it just then.

"Honestly you deserve someone better, Y/N," Gene continued. "Someone who genuinely cares for you and love you the way you are. I know I'm not the kind of person to say this but you need to hear it."

A tiny smile graced your lips as you looked at him. "Like you?"

"Y/N--"

You interrupted him by pressing your mouth against his. The kiss lasted a few seconds, however, more followed. You sighed contently after breaking apart. "You know, I've always kind of liked you."

He looked at you, then said, "Y/N, I know where this is going."

"Shush," you murmured. "I know what I'm doing. And I want someone, and that someone is you."

Gene shook his head. "No. It can't be me. I'm not the right--"

"Gosh, when will you ever learn?" You rolled your eyes. "I don't care. I don't care right now. I liked you for a long time, and now since my boyfriend left me, I can do whatever I want."

A tear slid down your cheek as you sniffled. "You can leave tomorrow morning, afternoon, whenever. But please don't leave me tonight."

Without a word, Gene held you close to him, and there you stayed.

He didn't leave you.