Paul Stanley #5

You sat down on a bench in the park with your lunch, breathing in the fresh air. The sun shined down brightly, casting rays of light that made the lake shimmer in front of you. In the distance, several ducks waddle into the water, quacking and swimming around. The sight of them made you smile.

Paul sat down in the grass, watching a couple help their son with flying a kite. Next to him was Peter, who eventually lied down and stared up at the sky.

"When were they supposed to arrive?" Peter asked, breaking the silence between the band.

"Probably now," Ace said, who was still standing up. He began walking around the area.

"They're late," Gene mumbled.

"First time for everything, huh?" Paul sighed. "They should be here by now."

"Maybe they decided to cancel the photo session," Ace spoke.

"Without notifying us?"

Ace shrugged.

"Unbelievable." Peter closed his eyes. "We got ready for nothing."

"Well if they don't show up soon, I'm leaving," Gene said.

"You can't do that," Ace told him. "What if they arrive when you leave?"

In a long distance from the band, you were still on the bench, enjoying your time at the park. It was nice and peaceful. Very lovely. You wanted to stay there forever.

Paul had been looking around, engaging in a conversation with the band when his eyes landed on your figure. Due to being far away, he couldn't see what you look like. All he could see was you sitting on a bench, looking out into the lake in front of you.

"Paul? Paul!"

He blinked before looking over at Peter, who was now sitting up. His eyebrows rose.

"They're here," the drummer informed him.

Paul followed his gaze toward a group of photographers. They were making their way to them.

"About time," he muttered, standing up to his feet.

The photo session started. It was for a publicity photo, but Paul didn't know why they chose a park to do the session in. Luckily there weren't very many people around so no one really noticed.

But you did.

While eating your lunch, you looked around the area for a bit. It took a few minutes until you noticed a group of people in the far distance. There was obviously something going on but you didn't know what. An event? Maybe. You grew curious.

After eating, you got up and walked along one of the paths in the park. This particular path led to another, which went down to where the group of people were. Once you got closer, you realized that some of them had cameras.

Interesting. A photo shoot?

You observed the scene. Amongst the photographers were four tall guys, all handsome. They each wore makeup and a lot of black clothing. Not to mention that they wore platform boots.

Who were they? You didn't know. But they had piqued your interest.

Eventually time was up. The photographers packed up and left. You, on the other hand, remained in your spot.

Ace was the first one to notice.

"I think we have a fan," he spoke up, capturing his bandmate's attention. The rest of them looked over to discover you standing not too far away, your eyes on them.

Paul glanced at the bench he saw earlier, now seeing that it was empty. Were you the same one who sat on the bench? He didn't know.

But what he did know was that he was the first one to approach you. "Hi."

"Hi," you greeted. Up close you were able to see the detail of his makeup. His face was painted white and a black star covered his right eye. He also wore red lipstick.

"I'm Paul Stanley," he said, introducing himself.

"Y/N Y/L/N." You smiled. "Are you in a band?"

"Yes," Paul replied. "You might've heard of us. Kiss?"

You went deep into thought, then shook your head. "No. Not really."

"Oh." Paul blinked, unable to hide his surprise. He knew not everyone heard of the band but it was still surprising to hear. "Well, that's us."

"Maybe I should check out some of your albums, then," you said.

He smiled. "Maybe you should."

"Stop your flirting, Paul, and ask for her number," Ace said from behind. His words made Paul's face grow hot.

You grinned. "I've heard you wanted my number?"

"Oh, that was Ace," Paul said quickly. "He was just--"

But you were already digging through your purse. You took out a small piece of paper and a pen before writing your name and phone number down. Then you handed it to him. "Here you go."

Paul was speechless. You chuckled. "I hope I hear from you soon, Paul. Call me."

With that, you left. Paul gazed at the piece of paper he held, reading your name and the set of numbers you've written.

Oh, he was definitely going to call you.