Gene Simmons #1

"Gene, for the last time, sit still!"

"I can do it myself, Y/N!"

"Then why did you ask?"

"I don't know. Why did I ask?"

You huffed in annoyance, throwing the makeup brush at him. "Fine. You do it. Maybe someone else will let me."

That someone else was Peter, who allowed you to do his makeup. You smiled while drawing the cat whiskers on his cheeks. Thanks to being a makeup artist, you were literally a pro. Sometimes the band members of KISS would ask you to do their makeup, which of course wasn't all the time but they still did. You were surprised that they would ask such a thing. But you were happy.

"Twenty minutes!" a voice called.

"Yeah, yeah," you muttered, still moving at your own pace. Twenty minutes was more than enough time. You were almost done with Peter's makeup. "Thanks for letting me do this, Peter. I literally couldn't do Gene's. He was getting on my nerves."

"No problem, Y/N," Peter said. "You're really great. Gene is missing out."

You chuckled.

After awhile you were finally finished. Peter looked into the mirror and smiled. "Perfect. Thanks, Y/N."

"Anytime." You grinned at him before leaving, wondering what the others were up to.

Well mostly Paul and Ace. You didn't care what Gene was doing.

Pretty soon you found Ace in his dressing room with half his makeup on. It appeared as if he was searching for something. Frantically.

"I don't know where it is," he said after letting you walk in. "I can't find it."

"Find what?" you asked.

"My guitar!"

You gasped. "You lost your guitar?!"

"Yes!"

The news astounded you. It was unbelievable. Ace lost his guitar? That was something you didn't expect. But you were willing to help him look for it.

"It has to be here somewhere. I just had it," he said after a few minutes of searching. So far nothing.

You frowned. "When was the last time you saw it?"

"A few minutes after we arrived, I think." He sat down in a chair disappointedly. You walked over to him.

"It's okay, Ace. We'll find it." You played with his hair a bit. "But right now you need to finish your appearance. We don't have a lot of time left."

He sighed. "You're right. Will you help me?"

A smile came upon your face. "Sure."

So with that, you applied the rest of his makeup slowly, not wanting to mess up. When Ace looked into the mirror, he grinned. "You're amazing, Y/N. I wish I could kiss you."

"Then why don't you?" you asked.

"I can't." He leaned back in his chair. "Gene."

Your smile faded. Due to all the things you've done recently, you've forgotten about Gene and what happened earlier. You sighed. "What about him?"

Ace raised his eyebrows. "He didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?"

Before he could reply, there was a knock on the door. You went to answer it only to find Peter, who was holding Ace's guitar.

"I'm sorry," he said sheepishly. "It was supposed to be a joke. I didn't think Ace would act like he did."

"What?" Ace joined your side, his eyes soon landing on his guitar. "This whole time?"

"It was supposed to be a joke," Peter repeated. "I hid it in Paul's dressing room. I'm sorry, Ace. It was my way to get back at you for hiding my drumsticks last time."

"It's all right," Ace said with a sigh. He took his guitar. "All is forgiven."

You were relieved that the case of Ace's missing guitar was over. But one thing was still bothering you, and that is what Ace had said earlier about Gene. What was it that he hadn't told you? That question remained in your mind when you arrived at his door, knocking. "Gene?"

He opened the door. It turned out that he did finish his makeup. However, it didn't bother you. You didn't care. "Can we talk?"

Gene stared at you. For a second you thought he would close the door in your face. But then he stepped aside and widened it.

"What about?" he inquired when you walked in.

"About . . . things."

"Things?"

You sighed, rubbing your face. "Let me get to the point. Is there something you want to tell me, Gene? Because I was talking to Ace earlier and he brought up something you . . . apparently haven't told me."

Gene breathed in deeply, then exhaled. "I see."

"You see what, Gene?" By this time, you were already getting annoyed with him. That's what happens whenever you're in a room with him. The two of you were constantly at each other's throats. You hardly ever got along and that was extremely clear to the rest of the band. But unbeknownst to you and Gene, the other three members knew what was going on. They were aware of something you two didn't know about.

Feelings.

Sure, you can't stand each other. Sometimes you can't even be in the same room. But while apart, you may or may not have said some nice comments about each other. Speaking . . . fondly.

In other words, you liked each other but wouldn't admit it.

"Nothing," Gene said finally. "Don't worry about it, Y/N. It's nothing."

"So Ace said it for no reason?" you asked.

He didn't have time to answer, for a nearby voice had just announced that there were five minutes left. But he still didn't say anything after that. Instead he cupped your face - and kissed you.

It didn't take long for you to kiss back. It was a soft one at that, and only lasted a few seconds. When it ended, you found yourself smiling, now knowing what Ace had meant. Gene liked you.

"Do you think this can work?" you questioned, looking at him. You both knew about all the things you've went through, how you didn't get along and whatnot. But perhaps there was a chance that your relationship could work.

"We can make it work," he replied.

You smiled even more before kissing him again.