Peter Criss #1

It was almost twelve thirty in the morning and you were still wide awake.

Thanks to watching a scary movie on television, you couldn't fall asleep. Knowing this, you lied in bed while staring up at what would be the ceiling. It was dark in your room so honestly you couldn't really see anything. But you can hear.

And it was coming from somewhere outside your bedroom.

At first you ignored the noises, knowing that it was most likely your imagination. After all it was a result from watching that scary movie.

Maybe I shouldn't have watched it, you thought, pulling the covers up to your chin. But who could blame you? You were bored and the only thing that was good on television was the movie. Now it was time to stay awake all night, unfortunately. There was no way you'll be able to sleep tonight but you tried to anyway. You were probably only able to sleep for ten minutes. Why? Well something woke you up. A sound. More like a spooky sound.

You sat up in bed and held your breath, listening closely.

Silence.

Tap, tap, tap.

You immediately turned your lamp on and looked around. Nothing there. But you checked the room anyway, later realizing that it was just a tree branch making contact with your window. A sigh of relief came from you.

Just a tree branch, you thought. Nothing else. No monsters.

You rubbed your eyes tiredly and turned off the light, ready to return to bed when there was another sound, making you jump. It sounded like footsteps. You grabbed a magazine from your nightstand and clutched it tightly while going into the hall to investigate.

However, before you could turn on the hallway light, you saw a figure. "Show yourself, intruder!" you yelled, raising the magazine.

The light flickered on. Standing in the hallway was Peter, who stared at you. His expression was a mixture of surprise and confusion. You noticed he still had his makeup on. "Y/N?"

You sighed in relief, dropping the magazine. "Oh. It's just you."

"Just me," he said.

Without a word, you walked over and hugged him. "You're back early. When did you arrive?"

"About an hour ago," he answered. "But are you all right?"

"Yeah," you mumbled. "At least now I am. I watched a scary movie and since then I've been hearing spooky noises."

Peter pulled you closer to him. "Well there's nothing to be afraid of, Y/N. I'm right here."

"Thank goodness for that." You smiled, resting your head against his shoulder. "At least now I have Catman here with me."

He chuckled. "Catman is here to protect you, Y/N."

You laughed, lifting your head up to look at him. "I'm glad you're home."

"Me, too," he said before kissing you. "Me, too."