Paul Stanley #16

It was the day. The day of your anniversary. You and Paul have been together for five years. And those five years have been truly amazing.

The day started out simple. Both of you woke up earlier than usual, meaning that you stayed in bed a bit longer, just talking and enjoying each other's company. Then you decided to get up and make breakfast together (though you might've teased each other and shared a few kisses while doing so).

However, things had to come to an end since you both had to part ways. As usual Paul had to go the studio and you had to go to work. But before leaving, Paul gave you a sweet, gentle kiss.

"Tonight is ours," he whispered in your ear. He nipped it playfully.

"Paul!" you exclaimed, feeling your face heat up.

"What?" he asked innocently. "It is."

You shook your head before kissing his cheek. "See you tonight."

He blew a kiss. "See you tonight."

Then you left.

For both of you, nothing new happened. Just the same things. But on this day, time went slower than you wanted it to. It seemed like forever until it was time to go. Even though it was a good day, you still wanted it to end so that you could see Paul again.

And finally you did.

Paul came home first. He planned to make a surprise that he knew you'd love but had to do it quickly before you came home. So by the time you arrived, he had finished setting it up.

"I'm home!" you called after entering the house.

"In here!"

You followed his voice to the living room. He was sitting on the couch, holding a bouquet of flowers. "Hey."

"Hey." You sat down next to him.

"For you," he said, handing you the bouquet.

You took it. Attached to the bouquet was a card that read To my love, Y/N. A smile appeared on your face as you sniffed the flowers. They smelled very sweet. "Thank you. They're lovely."

Paul grinned before kissing you. Then he took you in his arms, and you both ended up cuddling on the couch.

"I just want to spend the rest of the night in your arms," you said. "I don't want to get up."

He kissed your head. "But I have a surprise for you upstairs."

"Really?" you asked. "I wonder what it could be."

"Mmm. You'll find out."

You thought for a moment. "Can we go up there now?"

Paul smiled again. "Sure."

So you did. The two of you exited the living room and walked toward the stairway, with you leading the way. To your surprise, there were rose petals everywhere, including the stairs. You went up them, following the trail of rose petals. It led you right to your shared bedroom. When you walked in, though, you couldn't help but gasp at the sight.

On the bed were more rose petals, along with a small gift bag. For light, a lamp was on but there were also a few candles that had been placed all around the room. Candles you didn't even know you had.

Paul then hugged you from behind, pressing a kiss to your cheek. "Happy anniversary, sweetheart."

"Oh, this is beautiful," you whispered, tearing up.

"Yeah? I knew you would like it."

You turned around to give him a soft, gentle kiss that was returned instantly. The two of you wrapped your arms around each other, occupying yourselves in a long kiss. When it ended, Paul rested his forehead against yours.

"Five years," you said softly.

He smiled. "That's right. And more years to come."

The corners of your mouth turned upward. You pecked his lips before taking his hand and pulling him to the bed, where you both lied down among the rose petals. And for several minutes you held each other in silence.

"You know, you really didn't have to do this," you said at one point.

"I wanted to. It's our special day after all." Paul caressed your arm. "And I have a present for you."

Indeed he did. It was the small gift bag. You removed yourself from his embrace to grab it and take a peek. It turned out there was a box inside. You took it out and opened it.

"Oh, Paul!" you exclaimed, staring down at the opened box. "You didn't."

Inside the box was a golden necklace with a diamond pendant. It was very expensive, that you knew. But it was also very beautiful.

"I did," Paul said with a grin. "Do you like it?"

"I love it." You hugged him. "It's beautiful! Thank you!"

"You're welcome." He kissed the top of your head.

The two of you hugged a bit longer, then let go. Afterwards you got up to retrieve Paul's gift from the closet.

"And now for your present," you said, setting the bag in front of him. You sat back down on the bed. "Happy anniversary, darling."

Paul smiled, reaching inside and pulling out a gift wrapped box. He unwrapped the paper to find a box of cologne.

"What do you think?" you asked.

"I love it. Thank you." He looked at you with another smile. "I'll definitely wear it."

You leaned in for a kiss, which he gave you. Then you turned your attention back to the golden necklace.

"Do you want me to put it on you?" he questioned.

"Please." You handed him the box, then turned your back on him. He took the necklace out and placed it around your neck, clasping it at the back. Once he finished, you faced him. "How do I look?"

"Beautiful." Paul caressed your cheek. "Wow, I'm so lucky."

You shook your head. "Paul."

"But it's true. I am." He kissed you. "And I'm so, so happy."

"I'm happy, too." You smiled. "I love you."

"I love you, too, baby. So much." Then his lips met yours again.