Paul Stanley #4

"Paul, you're such a tease," you said as he moved closer. "Stop it."

"Stop what?" he asked innocently, biting his red bottom lip. That action was making you go wild.

"You know what."

"Actually I don't." He brushed his lips against your jaw. You could feel his breath fanning against your skin.

"Ugh, Paul," you mumbled when he began kissing your neck. Why did he have to do this? Why now? Ever since the tour started, Paul had done nothing but tease you. All. The. Time.

Needless to say you loved it. However, there was one problem.

You couldn't get into a relationship. You knew that if Paul's actions continue, it might possibly lead into a relationship, and you couldn't let that happen, even if that's what Paul wanted.

He didn't know this, of course.

It was your fault, really. You haven't told him about it. So how was he supposed to know that?

It was very clear to everyone that Paul had feelings for you, including yourself. That's one of the reasons why he was acting the way he was. Why he was teasing you.

And you loved it.

But you can't let what you had turn into more.

"Paul." Your voice became a whisper. A smile came upon his face.

"Mmmm. I love it when you say my name." He leaned in, ready to kiss you, but you moved your head before he could.

"I can't do this," you told him. "We can't do this."

Paul's smile faltered, then faded. He furrowed his brow. "What do you mean, Y/N?"

You swallowed thickly. Here goes nothing. "I know where this might lead, Paul. And I can't get into a relationship right now."

A hush fell over the room. Paul took the silent moment to process your words. That's when you decided to study him, trying to read his expression, trying to predict how he might react. But there was nothing. You couldn't figure him out.

Eventually he cleared his throat. "Oh, well, okay."

"I'm sorry." Your eyes watered. "I'm so sorry, Paul. But between you being a tease and all the things you were doing, I couldn't. I just couldn't tell you. But I can't get into a relationship right now. I've been taking a break."

Although he was calm, his expression revealed nothing but hurt. He sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I understand."

"I'm sorry," you repeated. "I should've told you in the beginning but I couldn't. I . . . probably should go now."

Paul didn't answer. You took that as a sign to exit his hotel room.

"So there you are," Ace said when you stepped out into the hallway. His sudden voice startled you, making you jump. "I was looking all over for you."

"What do you want?" You actually grew curious. Right now you'd do anything to keep Paul off your mind, and that was to find out what Ace wanted.

However, he was staring at you. He tilted his head slightly.

"What?"

"You have red lipstick all over you, Y/N." Ace grinned. "Were you doing something in there?"

Hearing his question made your face grow hot. Nevertheless you scoffed. "No."

"Well okay." Ace took a piece of your hair and twirled it around his finger. "But if you want to come with me, I suggest that you wipe it all off."

You didn't speak.

"I mean, unless you want to tell the whole world that you're with Paul, then be my guest." He let go of your hair, then ruffled it. "Meet me in the lobby, Y/N."

Looking in the bathroom mirror back in your room, you found out Ace was right. You had red lipstick all over you - on your face and neck. Even your lips were smeared with it as a result of Paul's sweet kisses.

You removed all the evidence and fixed yourself up. Then you went down to the lobby.

"Ready to go?" Ace asked when you walked toward him.

"Yes," you replied. "But where are we going?"

He smiled, taking your hand. "You'll see."

Spending the day with Ace really kept you occupied. It was like everything that was worrying and bothersome had faded away. Nothing crossed your mind, not even the situation you were in.

The situation you were in with Paul.

Around ten o'clock, you returned to the hotel with Ace, laughing and chatting. He had an arm wrapped around your waist as you both made way down the hallway, unable to keep your laughter in.

"I can't believe that happened," Ace said with a grin, referring to a little event that took place in the city earlier.

"Me neither," you agreed. "I thought they wouldn't notice!"

Ace laughed.

Suddenly a door opened, revealing an annoyed yet tired Gene, who glanced between the two of you.

"Hey, Gene," you greeted. "We just got back from the city."

"The city," Ace echoed. You chuckled.

Shaking his head, Gene closed the door without a word. You turned to Ace. "What should we do now?"

"Mmm." He paused for a moment. "I don't know about you, Y/N, but I'm getting tired. I think I'll go to sleep."

You yawned, suddenly feeling sleepy. "Yeah, I should go to bed, too. I'll see you tomorrow."

He smiled, kissing the top of your head. "Goodnight, Y/N."

"Goodnight, Ace."

Both of you parted ways. You entered your room, took a quick shower, and then changed into your night clothes. With another yawn, you turned off the light, ready to go to sleep.

But you couldn't.

Not after what you've done to Paul. Those thoughts came rushing back to you.

How could you lead him on like that? To go with his teasing and flirting when you know you couldn't be together? To him, it was a sign that you liked him, that you wanted to be with him, and that's exactly what you gave.

So it wasn't his fault.

It was yours.

You began wondering what it would be like if you were actually dating him. There was no doubt that he would do all the things he had been doing. He was so sweet, so loving. And you wanted that.

You turned on your side, clutching the pillow. Despite liking that idea, you were still unsure. What was there to do?

You tried to sleep but couldn't. And when you did, it was only for a few minutes. This whole thing was bothering you.

To tell the truth, it was different when you were with Paul. He made you feel special. He treated you like a goddess. When was the last time someone did that? You couldn't remember. All you could remember was the compliments and nicknames Paul gave you. The kisses. The gentle touches. Everything.

Sighing, you got out of bed and instantly left your room. You crossed the hallway, heading toward Paul's door and knocking on it. It took more than a few seconds but the door soon opened, revealing a sleepy Paul without his makeup.

Gosh, he's handsome, you thought.

"Y/N?" He furrowed his brow. "It's the middle of the night. What is it?"

You responded by kissing him.

Paul was taken aback at first but then returned the kiss, only to stop it after realizing what you were doing. "Y/N, no. You said we can't."

"I don't care." You kissed him again, passionately this time. Paul brought you into his room, your mouths never parting. You kicked the door shut.

And that was the beginning.