Ace Frehley #7

Why was this wrong?

Owen, your boyfriend, kissed you softly. When he pulled back to look at you, a sweet smile was on his face, his eyes full of love and admiration.

But you didn't feel the same way.

Not anymore.

Not when you knew Ace.

It was unexpected. You got a job as an assistant for a band called KISS and well . . . things changed from there. Meeting and falling in love with Ace wasn't on your to-do list.

After all you had a boyfriend. There was no one in the world who was better than Owen. No one perfect.

Until you've met him.

The two of you formed a friendship. It included teasing and playful banter. Maybe a little bit of flirting, too, although that was on Ace's part since you had a boyfriend. However, you made it perfectly clear that you were in a relationship, and Ace respected that.

Yet over time you were starting to feel different. Days, weeks, and months passed and you began viewing Ace differently as you spend more time together. More than a friend, possibly? No. Of course not. You had a boyfriend.

But when it came to being with Ace, there were things you couldn't explain. Feelings you've never felt before. Ace made you feel special - wanted, even. But you had a boyfriend, and he made you feel the same way. He was the best - caring, loving, friendly. You couldn't ask for a better boyfriend.

Then there's Ace.

Space Ace.

Spaceman.

Ace Frehley.

Although you wouldn't say it out loud, you wanted him. Badly.

"Is something wrong, Y/N?" Owen asked, bringing you back to reality.

You blinked, then looked at him. Just how long have you been thinking? What were you thinking? "No. Nothing is wrong."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

Owen studied you for a minute, then nodded. "Okay."

However, unbeknownst to your boyfriend, you thought of Ace constantly. His brown eyes, his handsome face, his dark hair. His laugh. Goodness! He was always happy to see you.

With all that being said, you were falling in love with him.

As for Owen, well, you cared about him but you were falling out of love with him. That was very clear to you.

Things had just been different between the two of you. Due to having busy jobs, you didn't spend a lot of time together anymore. It just wasn't the same, even though both of you made up for it by going on dates and such. Owen still treated you special like he always did.

But things were changing.

"Owen, we need to talk," you spoke up, catching his attention.

He knew it was serious just by hearing the tone of your voice. "All right. What about?"

"About . . ." You swallowed. "About us."

At first he didn't say anything, just took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. Then, in a quiet voice, he asked, "You're in love with him, aren't you?"

Your eyebrows rose. "What?"

"Ace. You're in love with Ace." Owen sighed. "I can see it in your eyes, Y/N. That love you had for me? I know it's gone. Now it's for Ace, isn't it?"

"Owen . . . Owen, I don't know what to say," you said. You were struggling to find the right words, for what your boyfriend had said was unexpected. After all he discovered that you loved Ace.

"Just say yes," he said. "Tell me that you're in love with him. I want you to be happy, Y/N, and if he makes you happy, go to him. I know things haven't been working out for us lately, and they probably would if we fix them, but it's too late now. You want Ace and I suggest you run to him."

You hugged him instantly. "I'm sorry."

"I know," he whispered, hugging you close. "And it's okay. I'm sorry, too."

That scene repeated in your head as you drove to see the band that morning. It even stayed in your mind when you saw everyone and greeted them.

"Hey, Y/N," Ace said with a grin.

Your breath was caught in your throat. Gosh, he's so beautiful. That amazing smile. "Hey, Ace."

Your voice wasn't as cheerful as you wanted it to be. Instead it was the opposite, and Ace became aware of it. "What's wrong?"

"I . . ." You paused, then let out a sigh. "My boyfriend and I broke up."

"Oh." Ace frowned. "I'm sorry."

"But that's not all," you told him. "Things weren't working out between us recently and during that time I found myself falling in love with someone else, so . . . yeah."

The guitarist looked at you, tilting his head slightly. "Who's this special someone?"

You stared at him. "What?"

"This special someone you're in love with," he repeated. "Who is it? That is if you don't mind me asking."

The words came right out of your mouth. "You."

Did you have to say it twice? No. Ace understood. However, he was hesitant about what was to come. You both were. A relationship? Would it be too sudden? After all you and your boyfriend just broke up.

But you love Ace.

And he loves you.

"I'm in love with you, too, Y/N," he said finally. "Ever since we met."

Smiling, you took a few steps toward him. "So . . . can we?"

It didn't take long for Ace to press his lips against yours.