Paul Stanley #6

He smelled like her again.

As usual.

When was it going to end? Probably never. You knew how long he had been seeing her. You knew how long he stayed out just to see her. Why? Because every time he did, he smelled like her.

That sweet, floral scent. You didn't know what kind of flower it was but the perfume was very sweet. Nice. And even though it was a pleasant, you probably didn't want to ever come across the scent ever again. It would remind you too much of your boyfriend coming home late and acting everything was fine despite smelling like her.

You didn't have to ask where he's been because the perfume would already tell you. He didn't go see her every night but still.

Yet tonight? He went out and came home late.

"Hey beautiful," Gavin murmured, wrapping an arm around your body. You were sleeping in your shared bedroom when he arrived. Tonight he returned and acted like nothing had happened.

But you knew better.

"Hey Gavin." The pleasant perfume met your nostrils. You wrinkled your nose.

"Something is different," he said, removing his arm. You raised your eyebrows. Different? What did he mean?

"Care to elaborate?" you asked.

"I wish I could but I can't place my finger on it . . ." He didn't finish his sentence.

"I see."

Gavin moved closer to you, sniffing your scent. "Oh, now I know. That's some strong cologne you have on, Y/N."

You knew exactly what he was talking about.

The cologne you had on? It wasn't yours. It was Paul Stanley's, whose scent just happened to get on you tonight after his visit.

That's right. His visit. You got lonely and so you decided to invite Paul over. He was hesitant at first, knowing that you had a boyfriend. But you said it was okay and that Gavin wouldn't be home for awhile. So he came over.

Nothing major happened during his visit. The two of you just basically talked.

Okay, so maybe you rested your head in his lap when you were watching television at one point. And when it was time for Paul to go, he gave you a hug before leaving. That was it.

However, some of his cologne rubbed off on you. So now you smelled like him.

Just like Gavin smelled like her.

"Just a little bit," you said casually. Maybe Gavin would drop the subject if you showed little interest in it.

He didn't, though. "Was someone here?"

"Paul dropped by earlier but it's no big deal."

"Uh-huh."

You didn't like where this was going. Just by Gavin's tone, you could tell where this was going. So you did everything you could to prevent it.

"How was work?" you asked. Today after work Gavin didn't come home and you knew why. So instead of bringing that up, you made the decision to ask him about his day.

"It was good," he replied. "A bit stressful but good."

You hummed in acknowledgement, closing your eyes, wanting to go back to sleep. But that perfume was still there.

You couldn't take it anymore.

Sitting up, you turned on your lamp. "I know where you've been. I know you've been seeing her."